Like Tree113Likes

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    Kane blows his second penalty shot of the game...gods are smiling on FIN (and squatting over the US)...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Coming up on five periods without a goal for Team USA.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Coming up on five periods without a goal for Team USA.
    Make that 6...and no medal..

Maybe Team USA was out drinking with Team Austria the past couple of nights. They head home with their tails between their legs.

Good on Finland. They have the most men's hockey medals since professional players became eligible in 1998. Got to give it up for a country of just 5 million people

anothercanuck and Watercooler like this.

So where are all the Canadians watching the game tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Q:
    Field hockey is played on grass. Hockey does not need a descriptor as it is the ultimate sport.
    Amen.

I like how you school those non-hockey people.
    Char Siu King likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Maybe Team USA was out drinking with Team Austria the past couple of nights. They head home with their tails between their legs.

Good on Finland. They have the most men's hockey medals since professional players became eligible in 1998. Got to give it up for a country of just 5 million people
    That game is also probably's Temmu Selanne's last olympic hockey game. A bittersweet moment for him. At 40+, he can look back and, while I'm sure he certainly prefers gold, and be proud of his performance on the ice.

The gold medal game is gonna be interesting. Sweden is a tough opponent for Canada. They know how to play on the big ice surface at Sochi. Lundqvist has been a consistent reason why Sweden is in the gold medal game.

That being said, Canada can win the gold if they can keep their gameplan. They know Sweden plays a different style of hockey to US or Russia. They know how to counter them. If they stick to their plan, they can win.

Any place on the island that's showing the gold medal game?

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    That game is also probably's Temmu Selanne's last olympic hockey game. A bittersweet moment for him. At 40+, he can look back and, while I'm sure he certainly prefers gold, and be proud of his performance on the ice.
    Biggest mistake the Jets ever made trading him to Anaheim...the man is total class and an Olympic legend (highest scoring Olympian)...would have loved to see him in the final (to get another silver ;-) )...does show the value of Rask as well as I think it would be CAN -FIN for gold if he had played...

Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    The gold medal game is gonna be interesting. Sweden is a tough opponent for Canada. They know how to play on the big ice surface at Sochi. Lundqvist has been a consistent reason why Sweden is in the gold medal game.

That being said, Canada can win the gold if they can keep their gameplan. They know Sweden plays a different style of hockey to US or Russia. They know how to counter them. If they stick to their plan, they can win.
    For all their passive aggression elsewhere, Sweden are tougher than Finland. Last time I went back to Sweden, I managed to visit the new hockey rink in Växjö. I gotta see a game there next winter.
    Watercooler likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast