Like Tree113Likes

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Sorry, I thought they were referring to fruits. Speaking of fruits, did you hear about Samsung wanting Apple's logo hidden during the Olympics?Umm, nope, nope - didnt forget them at all; if you re-read my informative message, you'll see they take center stage - alas never the center podium.What does that have to do with the olympics, Obama is not even going but he is sending a few controversial delegates along to poke at Putin? You should take something for that cough - its making you incoherent...
    Pot calling the kettle black...

I'm so glad I walked in on another Coombsey-WC cycle-jerk

kimwy66 and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by b4r:
    sorry to break up your conversation but I assume this means no one knows any bars showing the Canadian hockey games?
    TVB got the rights as stated before. So yes more local bars I assume. Just start calling your fave spots. Bit work left I'm afraid :-)

You two! Yes you know who you are. Keep this thread on track and civil please, if not alternative action will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    For example, its no secret that the last IOC president, Jacques Rogge, wanted Rugby Sevens into the Olympics. Oh sure, he didn't "influenced" the vote...yeah right. I'm sure the fact that he was the IOC president had "nothing" to do with the fact that rugby got into the Olympics.
    Indeed. Rugby Sevens is a great example of a sport only played by Europeans and which Belgium is particularly strong in. It must have been impossible for Monsieur Rogge to remain unbiased. Especially since it's been included in the Commonwealth Games for the last 16 years (the Queen must have bribed someone; she does that a lot). I'm not quite sure how New Zealand won gold each time but it must have been them fielding those pseudo-resident Europeans again.

I'd have thought you'd be happy about Rugby Sevens being included? After all, Sevens gives the Canadian team the opportunity to play against Tier 1 rugby league teams which in the full 15 man game they never get to play against since they're only Tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSteve:
    You two! Yes you know who you are. Keep this thread on track and civil please, if not alternative action will be taken.
    Sorry boss. *doffs cap*.

EDIT: Hang on, I'm off track but being civil. *doffs cap but not as far this time*
    Last edited by bibbju; 06-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Indeed. Rugby Sevens is a great example of a sport only played by Europeans and which Belgium is particularly strong in. It must have been impossible for Monsieur Rogge to remain unbiased. Especially since it's been included in the Commonwealth Games for the last 16 years (the Queen must have bribed someone; she does that a lot). I'm not quite sure how New Zealand won gold each time but it must have been them fielding those pseudo-resident Europeans again.

I'd have thought you'd be happy about Rugby Sevens being included? After all, Sevens gives the Canadian team the opportunity to play against Tier 1 rugby league teams which in the full 15 man game they never get to play against since they're only Tier 2.
    Oh I'm perfectly fine with rugby in the Olympics, I just had some question marks over the process of how it got in...

Personally, I do like watching rugby sevens, but truth be told, few in Canada care about their rugby team, just as I'm sure few in the UK will care about their national hockey team (that's ice hockey), assuming they even realize it exist. So that can be applied both ways...
    Last edited by Watercooler; 06-02-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    TVB got the rights as stated before. So yes more local bars I assume. Just start calling your fave spots. Bit work left I'm afraid :-)

I was sleuthing around on the internet and Amici (in Wanchai) showed hockey when Team Canada were playing in 2010. I called Amici, but they haven't confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by b4r:
    sorry to break up your conversation but I assume this means no one knows any bars showing the Canadian hockey games?
    Check with the Keg in LKF...have been good to Canadian hockey fans in the past...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by canucksnation:
    I was sleuthing around on the internet and Amici (in Wanchai) showed hockey when Team Canada were playing in 2010. I called Amici, but they haven't confirmed yet.
    Do you know the schedule ( time ) already? It's group B with Finland, Norway and Austria and I guess they will progress 96,7% :-) :-) No idea how the HK provider ( TVB ) will select the games. Surely not every game live ( group stages )
    Last edited by Tom007; 06-02-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast