Like Tree48Likes

Horror Story about Physical in Causeway Bay

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I will do that, do you have a coupon for a free trial for one of those classes? ;-)
    You guys seem to be the experts on free stuff so please help me out here (not)...

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    OP you may be better off spending that gym membership fee on a bit of passive-aggressive anger management.

All you need is a yoga mat and two dumbbells.

If that's not enough go to the slaughterhouse or buy an axe.

Last edited by Morrison; 09-02-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hftvol:
    @EastCoast, Now I get where you are coming from ;-)

Looking at your responses in " Asking for advice to dealing with the undesirable selling practices of California Fitness" and saying that "HKD 10k is a very expensive life lesson" perfectly explains why you seem to be a freebie hunter and accuse everyone else to be the same.
    I do not believe I have accused anyone of being a 'freebie hunter' and the post from the other thread you mention was for a student that succumbed to the selling tactics of a gym which resulted in emotional and financial considerations - hence the life lesson comment.

My comment on your post was more around the verbose style that seemed to contain little content. I apologize for commenting your style of writing (now twice).
    Last edited by East_coast; 09-02-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Never underestimate Geo! If there six pages dedicated to a sodding kettle then this is worth at least five before the boredom sets in.
    Not just any kettle...
    bibbju and Fiona in HKG like this.

Last reply here: I am not after freebies, I look to compare all gyms under consideration, Physical did not seem to let me do that which is why I dropped them out of the list. I shared this experience to save others the time and effort. And out. Oh, and peace to all the haters

Will you please refer to your above post #11 and keep to your word in future.

Thank you for your extremely long winded posts about not very much, and hope your verbal diarrhea clears up soon.

BTW. Welcome to Geoexpat, and your contribution is eagerly awaited on your life experiences with kettles. (Please keep it short!)
    kimwy66 and elle like this.

@BlueEagle,

yes I admit it was overstated, it was not a horror story. It was a little frustrating but I signed up with Pure this morning and am happy with my choice (thus far and hopefully going forward). And I was not clear in my first post and admit I lead others to get the impression I am after free trials.

I was after spending some time at each gym (in fact I trialed different gyms all in January together, rather than one after another) in order to get an idea how loaded they are at different times/days. Knowing about the situation at Pure IFC2 I did not want to get sign up for a place where one has to wait in line to use equipment. But what I found most bizarre and what I wanted to share was that someone seems to have to enter into a lottery just to be chosen for a gym trial. And it does compare with Apple making sure they do not have ample supply when products launch and have people lining up 48 hours before the product launch to create artificial exclusivity. It seemed to have worked well for Apple, but applying a similar concept to an average level gym in Hong Kong is preposterous. I have to sign up online (sales people refused to sign someone up for a trial on the spot at Physical) and need to wait DAYS without even being sure whether to have a chance to get a trial or not? Excuse me, but maybe freebie hunters have no issue with such BS. I do not have the patience nor inclination to bend over.

In summary, I find it funny how some people on a seemingly stringent budget and limited resources (obviously that seems to be the case when calling HKD 10K an expensive life lesson) accuse me of being a freebie hunter just because I was smart enough not to hand over a single id (other than showing them that I have a HK ID card) before knowing what I am getting into. Someone who hands over credit cards does not agree to a deal, but someone who is stupid enough to let others make him sign a contract MADE A DEAL and agreed to the terms. Nobody held a gun against his head.

Both are not horror stories, both are testimonies to ridiculous selling techniques and hopefully serve as a warning to others. One person was stupid enough to get pressured into signing without reading and thinking first. The other walked away not taking the garbage, presented. Same situation, two different outcomes.

;-)
    Congratulations, you managed to use (add your own number here) words - let's just say way to many - describing how you unsuccessfully tried to get freebees out of an organisation.
    Keep on the good work
    kimwy66 likes this.

I for one found the lack of consistency at Physical concerning free trials to be horrifying.

Cwbguy, East_coast, hftvol and 2 others like this.

"too many" would be the correct spelling, and thank you for functioning as spokesperson for your little island, should I ever show interest in DB I will certainly reach out to you. And regarding freebies, please teach me how it works you seem to be very "open" and willing to reach out...

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Congratulations, you managed to use (add your own number here) words - let's just say way to many - describing how you unsuccessfully tried to get freebees out of an organisation.
    Keep on the good work
    Last edited by hftvol; 09-02-2014 at 06:00 PM.

READ POST #11.

kimwy66 likes this.

"too many" would be the correct spelling
    Personally, I would have gone with 'a fucking shed-load', but then I am a Kiwi and we are known for being somewhat more direct.

On a slight tangent, but how do you feel about transparent kettles? Would you require a 7 day home trial before considering a purchase, to evaluate the exact nature of the transparency?
    elle and Fiona in HKG like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast