Like Tree19Likes

Physical Fitness Gym... A complete waste of time and money!!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Not really. You should be focused on what you're doing. Seriously, if you're looking around (even via the mirror) you really aren't working hard. It's not like the gym is so busy that people are on top of you. If you're not going to put the work in, why bother with the gym at all?
    What a load of drivel. Who are you to dictate to the OP what they should do at the gym? Some people like to pump iron, some like long slow cardio, some like to mix it up... not everyone wants to train like you. Personally I have plenty of time to look around when resting between sets or on the stationary bikes - sometimes I even watch TV.

Just because you don't have a problem being oogled doesn't give you any right to disparage those who feel discomforted by it.
    MDavies3791 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ramelec:
    The PT from Physical Fitness can be ex-staff of California Fitness and the PT from California can be ex-staff of Physical Fitness. Vice-versa.
    No wonder I see familiar faces from time to time.

One thing is most of these PTs are masseurs (don't you see them massaging the clients all the time and requesting them to buy more packages?
    That is why I don't believe in buying PTs training in these gyms. If I need a message, I go to a proper massage place.

I get in just do weights, and leave whenever I am done!
    Ahh...i see, this explains the VERY dodgy positions and movements. Thanks for that! Now i know that the PT in the majority of HK gyms are infact masseurs! wow!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Just because you don't have a problem being oogled doesn't give you any right to disparage those who feel discomforted by it.
    I agree that Physical is annoying, but somehow I get the feeling that there is also much weirdness on the part of mdavies here. She has mentioned times problems with mirrors, 'perverts' or sexuality six times in this thread so far, and at least once in another thread.

I've plenty of female friends that go to the gym. As far as I can tell, ogling doesn't seem to be more of a problem here than other places.

Physical seems to be up to the usual dodgy practices, as reported ad nauseum on this forum. But the OP bought their line about not having free trials despite long contract times, and saw 7 different people involved in the contract negotiation, so it's a bit hard to scrape up all that much sympathy.
    Last edited by jgl; 14-02-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    bibbju likes this.

OP, just put headphones on and sing, it'll keep your mind off the unwanted stares.

"I'm...... too sexy for this gym...... too sexy for these pervs, so sexy itttt hurrrrrts."

Last edited by justjoe86; 14-02-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    bibbju and elle like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I'm too busy doing my thing to notice what others are doing. The exception is the odd jackass who wants to look like a total dickhead by wandering into the ladies-only area.

bibbju likes this.

Which gyms have ladies-only areas?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    What a load of drivel. Who are you to dictate to the OP what they should do at the gym? Some people like to pump iron, some like long slow cardio, some like to mix it up... not everyone wants to train like you. Personally I have plenty of time to look around when resting between sets or on the stationary bikes - sometimes I even watch TV.

Why so grumpy today?? Postman not bring you any cards? (I'm just messing, don't kick off).

To be honest, I have no idea if anyone is ogling me or not. I'm too focused on what I'm doing. People can speak to me and it won't even register that they're talking to me. That's just how I train. My time is precious to me and I want the best results I can get in the time I have....so I choose to kill myself in 1 hour rather than drag it out over 2 hours. But that's my choice. If people want to watch TV in the gym, that's up to them. But I prefer to watch TV from the comfort of my sofa.

As for disparaging the OP, not at all. I actually came back to this thread to say sorry to the OP if I sounded a bit harsh (I was on the ferry so my posts were a bit brief and to the point). I know I'm a bit of a gym nazi. That's why I didn't go forward with my personal training qualification. I knew I didn't have the patience to train people who weren't quite so "driven" about their training. Then I saw your reply and got distracted.

Given the OP is tied into Physical's membership, and assuming they continue going to the gym, focusing on their own workout is the best thing for them. If you're concentrating on your own training, you won't notice what the "perverts" (or staff) are doing so how can it bother you? And you'll probably get better results. Seems like win-win to me.

ok i hear you all...just put up with the staring and oogling, and dont complain about it... ok. get it.

Shutting this down .. points, counter-points and counter-counter-points have been made.