Like Tree1Likes

Adult lesson for ice hockey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by darthwolf:
    Sorry for hijacking this thread. Considering a move to HK, just wondering if there is a demand of goalies in HK for a rec league? Just wondering if it's even worth while to bring my equipment over. (storage is an issue if I'm not going to play)

What's the general cost to play in a rec league? Also wondering if it's worth while to bring my player equipment.
    Unfortunately there is quite a surplus of goalies here in HK. I play goal but I play out as well. Goalies are only allowed to play in one division, so for example, if you are a goalie in D1, you cannot play goalie in D2 or D3. Players can play in two divisions that are consecutive.

Also, when I played goalie in Toronto, I always played for free and as a rental goalie in some arenas, I was even paid $40-$50 per hour/game. Over here, goalies pay to play just like the players do.

I recommend that you bring your player gear if you want to continue playing the game here.
    darthwolf likes this.

thanks for the heads up. Actually this is good news since it makes my decision to sell my goalie stuff much easier. Can't imagine where I would be able to put the stuff if I brought it over.
    I'll have to think about my player stuff now, there's so much to do in HK, but then again I so much love to play.

Quote Originally Posted by darthwolf:
    thanks for the heads up. Actually this is good news since it makes my decision to sell my goalie stuff much easier. Can't imagine where I would be able to put the stuff if I brought it over.
    I'll have to think about my player stuff now, there's so much to do in HK, but then again I so much love to play.
    If your goalie gear is fairly new and higher end line, let me know since I am always interested in getting new goalie equipment.

There are lockers that you can store your equipment but it's not cheap to rent them out and most of them are already signed up. Let me know when you get here and I'll introduce you to the guy that runs the rink and league.

nah, rec level stuff and a few years old. ccm vector pads, heaton Z C/A, koho blocker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2