Warrior Muay Thai

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warrior Muay Thai

Does anyone have any experience with Warrior Muay Thai in North Point/Fortress Hill? Would be esp. interested in the quality of the trainers as I'm looking to take some private lessons. Thanks.

The trainers at warrior are all Thai, with hundreds of previous fights I. Thailand. Training there was very intense and excellent.

I've trained at 6-7 different places in HK; Warrior was definitely amongst the top.

oki_boy:

Thanks alot for your reply. Was there any one trainer in particular that you thought was good at Warrior? In addition to Warrior, what other places did you think were among the top in HK?

I worked with 3-4 of the trainers there (I guess they rotated on the morning classes) and all of them were pretty good. There was only maybe one other person training at that time, if any, so they were basically personal training sessions.

Fantasy Muay Thai would also be great for personal sessions; I've done quite a few there.

A lot really depends on your own skill level....

Thanks again. I'm new to Muay Thai, did Tae Kwon Do for a few years, which is part of problem as the techniques are really quite different and when I spar, more often I go back to my old habits. I need a trainer who will be on my case with the proper technique.

Did you train with Fanta for your personal sessions?

Yes, I did. He's a stickler on technique and will really push you to work hard and get the most out of your sessions. One of the greats, for sure!

This sounds like a really good club, I might pop in for a trial when my gym expires. How much are the private sessions.

Prices for private sessions should be on the websites. Sorry, don't know them off the top of my head.

oki_boy:

Thanks alot for your help, going to train with Fanta tomorrow. A bit off topic, but is there a shop you recommend for buying handwraps and muay thai gloves? I've been using the ones provided by the gyms but they are rather stinky.....

Fantasy sells Fairtex gloves and wraps, as does Rush MT. There's a shop called "king of the Ring" in central that has a huge selection of gloves, also.

If you're gonna stick around for awhile, I suggest buying your own gloves. 12oz is a good starting point. Besides, other peoples stink is truly off-putting.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast