Like Tree2Likes

Bumped by Physical Fitness

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

- The outcome of your re-negotiation?

- Re repeated calls: You need to ask the caller to stop calling and, when the situation so warrants, threaten to complain about potential breaches of personal data collection laws.

- I do not believe that FF has this HKD200 deals anymore. See another thread: http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/33/thread293310.html

- There could be unscrupulous sales tactics in HK gyms (and even sales by PTs after you join!). I would agree that it is a good idea to log the gym rates at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by croash:
    As I've posted in the past....to avoid multiple phone calls every week from their sales people, don't give them your real phone number...we learnt the hard way.
    I doubt that this would work with all salespeople, but I've had a lot of (unintended) success by answering my phone in English and using only English. It's my default language and I assume that to the non-English speaker on the other side that I'm not worth the trouble of trying to make a sale. Since I'm not using Cantonese or Mandarin they don't know that I'm bilingual and every time they'll just hang up once realizing that I'm not replying in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Adore:
    but I've had a lot of (unintended) success by answering my phone in English and using only English. It's my default language and I assume that to the non-English speaker on the other side that I'm not worth the trouble of trying to make a sale.
    I agree. Most of the time my "nuisance" callers similarly quickly hang up on hearing my English. However, why get the gym salesperson's call at all if you can avoid their repeated annoyance by giving them a false number.
    I can't think of any advantages for the customer. Still, that's just my advice based on past experiences.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3