Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Titus
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 4 Post By Tom007

First day back out on the water in 2014

First day back out on the water in 2014

Took my kid out today for his first time on the water and first time this year. I got a new inflatable with a rigid aluminum panel bottom (versus my old one with the air deck) after the old one was destroyed in the T10 last year (chained it up and the anchor points just ripped from the boat; should've gotten off my lazy ass and hauled it further up the shore). There were very few boats out in Tolo Channel; villagers told me the fishes hasn't come back yet from the cold winter waters (I didn't know they migrated). Saw a few jet skis out. Always not sure whether to post this in Travel or this sport section…

Anyone know or got a link to what different buoy markers mean? I slow down or try to skirt around 100meters away if I see one just in case it's someone diving near by. Today I was a bit freaked out to see someone 30 meters off my bow with a snorkel swimming slowly about 300 meters away from a white plastic jug (think it might've been just garbage floating by) could've ran him over if I was one of those jet skis or people not paying attention or a larger boat… and he was like 500meters from the shore too kind of weird to swim that far away from the shore?

Not sure what they're building at the old Pak Shek country/golf club; looks like a new "stadium" building?

Last edited by Titus; 13-04-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    INXS, bookblogger, Tom007 and 1 others like this.

Nice photos and cute kid! Certainly felt like summer out there today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus:
    Anyone know or got a link to what different buoy markers mean? I slow down or try to skirt around 100meters away if I see one just in case it's someone diving near by.
    This stuff you learn when you get your Pleasure Vessel license.
    Titus likes this.

Nice Titus as always. Sweet :-) I didn't take a plunge today but caught this 2 fellas with my iPhone :-)

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1397409876.720282.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  567.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Titus, INXS, Skyhook and 1 others like this.