Like Tree14Likes

Scuba Diving in Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scuba Diving in Hong Kong

Hi Guys,

just came back from our holidays where I did my PADI Open Water Certification. I really loved it and now I can't wait to get back into the water and practice a bit in HKG too although visibility etc may not be too great, but I dont mind that at the moment.

Does any of you have experience with HKG scuba diving and can recommend some diving clubs that offer weekend diving trips in/around Sai Kung area? As we live in Sai Kung the Diving club in Aberdeen would not be very convenient for me...

I googled a bit and found institutions like Splash HK, Diving Express...

Would be great if any of you could give me your input.

Cheers

gunsnroses likes this.

I logged over 200 dives with Mandarin Divers in Hong Kong and some with them in Puerto Galera.

Dive sites around Sai Kung.

Last edited by emx; 02-05-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    mrsgunsnroses likes this.

There's a group on meetup and they're diving tomorrow in Sai Kung if you can make it:

http://www.meetup.com/HK-Diving/even...4602&_af=event

I've never dived in HK but go to Sabang in Peurto Galera or Subic Bay at least once a month. Cheapest diving is with Big Apple at PG.. I pay 900 peso a dive which includes equipment. In Subic I dive with Blue Rock and pay 1,400 peso a dive.

Thanks a lot to you both for your tips, that helps a lot already!

I've gone with Ken Chan - [email protected]. Did my classroom in HK and open water tests in Phils. Ken is a very responsible divemaster unlike the typical HK guys who bring 4:1.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    I've gone with Ken Chan - [email protected]. Did my classroom in HK and open water tests in Phils. Ken is a very responsible divemaster unlike the typical HK guys who bring 4:1.

Thanks for the contact details of Ken. Do you still dive with him now or did you mean you had him as your instructor when you did your Open Water course?

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Sorry to be nitpicking, but a dive course needs to be taught and certified by a qualified instructor, not a dive master.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Sorry to be nitpicking, but a dive course needs to be taught and certified by a qualified instructor, not a dive master.
    I'm still trying not to snigger at the name Sandy Bottom Divers. Have to assume that whoever chose it didn't realise it had a double meaning. Or perhaps they did!

Very immature of me I know but....
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

I did the DCD in Sai Kung, cant remember which company it was with as I was invited by friends, we were taken to Trio Island and taken down to around 5 meters and learnt basic skills, It was my 1st time diving and it was awesome, water was clear, saw a lot of urchins and fish, Still havent had time to go and do the proper course

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I did the DCD in Sai Kung, cant remember which company it was with as I was invited by friends, we were taken to Trio Island and taken down to around 5 meters and learnt basic skills, It was my 1st time diving and it was awesome, water was clear, saw a lot of urchins and fish, Still havent had time to go and do the proper course
    That sounds promising then :-) You should do the course, it really can be done quite fast and is fun!!

In the meantime I got in touch with Mandarin Divers, around 600 hkd for two tanks, full diving gear rental and lunch on board and they seem to have over 10 diving sites they usually go to alone in Sai Kung area. I think i will try them out once I got over my cold. :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast