Like Tree16Likes

world cup schedule for TVB both paid and free

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    Does TVB provide a way to watch the matches on demand? I guess I could torrent them after the fact but if I could do it reliably with tvb then I'd be good with that.
    you need to subscribe their crap set top tv package or pay extra on top of PCCW one

Anyone have any idea if TVB Sports is included in the Sports Pack with now TV? I have it as of now, but wondering if they will cut it off in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    Anyone have any idea if TVB Sports is included in the Sports Pack with now TV? I have it as of now, but wondering if they will cut it off in June.
    You already have a Maige box right? it's got all the TVB channels with look back function (can watch the last 7 days of programming at any time). Already better than NowTV, no? Just hope the service is reliable and doesn't crash like it has a few times in the last month.

As good as the Maige is, the picture quality is not as clear as nowtv HD channels, or the regional TVB Jade HD Channel (which is fantastic, much better than now also). It's fine for watching TV shows and the like, but for fast moving sports it doesn't cut the mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    As good as the Maige is, the picture quality is not as clear as nowtv HD channels, or the regional TVB Jade HD Channel (which is fantastic, much better than now also). It's fine for watching TV shows and the like, but for fast moving sports it doesn't cut the mustard.
    Do they show Breaking Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    you need to subscribe their crap set top tv package or pay extra on top of PCCW one
    Agh, here I am, ready to pay them money just to see the world cup matches on demand and I've got to do all this crap.

Guess I'll go get them for free somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pkboy:
    Agh, here I am, ready to pay them money just to see the world cup matches on demand and I've got to do all this crap.

Guess I'll go get them for free somewhere.
    this world cup coverage is decent, this year, it was only 3 matches in 2010, similar in 2006 and 2002, really bad unless your paid for it

Are the unpaid matches available on terrestrial tv?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Only the Group fixtures are up - not the semis etc. Check the TVB website. It's in Chinese but you can pick a date and then a match, it will show where it will be broadcast, for example.
    Tom007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    yes, approx. a third of all matches on terrestrial tv for free, in nice hd and minimal digital artifacts, crystal clear picture and sound,

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast