Like Tree16Likes

world cup schedule for TVB both paid and free

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Actually disappointed we lost cbeebies! I'll call them later.

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Or you might move ....

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Or you might move ....

Yeah I'll move... My arse down to the pub for the matches

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Yeah I'll move... My arse down to the pub for the matches

Enjoy

Yet to tell the family that I am bagging the tv from 5pm - 1am every day (uk time). At least the wife is off to the Phils for two of the weeks (she just thought I was being sweet when I bought her the ticket).

Tom007 and justjoe86 like this.

Sports clash on 6th July in UK:

world cup
    wimbledon men's final (with Murray?)
    british grand prix
    tour de france starts in yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sports clash on 6th July in UK:

world cup
    wimbledon men's final (with Murray?)
    british grand prix
    tour de france starts in yorkshire
    Yeah that's very very important keeping the ladies happy during the World Cup. Good start hullexile :-)

I wonder if you guys will use catch up tv on TVB, decent 720p full games of the world cup for the next few months, even better if using a tablet or phone to plug to TV (a laptop can also do this),

So I subscribed to the TVB package on NowTV. According to them:
    1) They were trying to 'upsell' the 1800/2yr package. While it is a bit ridiculous, I don't blame them for trying. What you need is the 142/month 1yr contract TVB package. If you want ID you also need the HD package which you presumably already have if you have HD box & TV. I don't mind paying ~200usd to watch the games at home in HD. I just need to remember to cancel in a year.
    2) The channel that will show the game are 818 and 820 (HD). Channel 840/841 don't exist in my NowTV HD box.
    3) There is also a new worldcup channel 819. This will show world cup related 'adult' stuff. No idea what that means. I assume its explicit language talk shows but Im not sure. This channel will only exist during the worldcup.
    4) No recording/time shifting
    5) nowSelect will reply the matches on HD. I am not yet able to verify this.

Tom007 likes this.

Seems they also have a 38HKD/month package for 2 years contract. Will give them a call today to find out but it seems reasonnable, I think TVB also has some european leagues right (french and italian league?). Anyone knows besides the world cup what else is on tvb sports the rest of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by rumnyc:
    So I subscribed to the TVB package on NowTV. According to them:
    1) They were trying to 'upsell' the 1800/2yr package. While it is a bit ridiculous, I don't blame them for trying. What you need is the 142/month 1yr contract TVB package. If you want ID you also need the HD package which you presumably already have if you have HD box & TV. I don't mind paying ~200usd to watch the games at home in HD. I just need to remember to cancel in a year.
    2) The channel that will show the game are 818 and 820 (HD). Channel 840/841 don't exist in my NowTV HD box.
    3) There is also a new worldcup channel 819. This will show world cup related 'adult' stuff. No idea what that means. I assume its explicit language talk shows but Im not sure. This channel will only exist during the worldcup.
    4) No recording/time shifting
    5) nowSelect will reply the matches on HD. I am not yet able to verify this.
    Well done. Great info. You may change your set up box ....got 840/841 since quite some time. Enjoy watching. See ya later tonight :-)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast