Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Page 118 of 196 FirstFirst ... 110 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    A lot £ indeed. Looks like Kroos is out. then.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Out? You mean injured or something?

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Out? You mean injured or something?

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Out of the bidding contest I meant. Don't think ManU will fork out another 40 Mio £ or so on one player.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/toni-.../spieler/31909

Last edited by Tom007; 28-06-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    I'm not so sure that Altidore returning to US starting lineup is a good thing, for me, he is one of the worst forwards I have ever seen in the EPL!
    He seems to be good enough for Klinsmanm and the national side. That's all what matters I guess :-)
    Last edited by Tom007; 28-06-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    I'm not so sure that Altidore returning to US starting lineup is a good thing, for me, he is one of the worst forwards I have ever seen in the EPL!

well, although not a great scorer...his speed and athletism is much needed on the US side. If nothing else it will open things up for Bradley and Dempsey. Either way the US is going to really struggle to score against a very good Belgium defense.
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    well, although not a great scorer...his speed and athleticism is much needed on the US side. If nothing else it will open things up for Bradley and Dempsey. Either way the US is going to really struggle to score against a very good Belgium defense.
    This. Jozy adds an element that no other US player can provide . . . and something the opposing team must contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    This. Jozy adds an element that no other US player can provide . . . and something the opposing team must contend with.
    Yes, and although we are outmatched at almost every position, at least we have a coach who can manage around our weaknesses. Klinsmann knows Belgium very well, and I suspect he'll figure out a way to keep things close..
    Both teams have exceptional goal keepers as well...

I predict a very close match, but Belgium pulling away late 2-0. They are youthful, well rested and ultimately more talented.
    Last edited by closedcasket; 28-06-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Go easy on Elle, what does a BRIT know about American (or Canadian) sports? At least in Canada and US, we are still good at the sports we invented (hockey and basketball), unlike a certain little island off the coast of continental Europe.

Getting back to World Cup, referring to the earlier point by Heisenberg (aka Walter White), many teams look good on paper, but its how they actually perform that matters, not what their FIFA ranking is or what players are on their roster. Which made me wonder, which traditional football power will be eliminated next?
    Elle is German .....

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Elle is German .....

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks
    Or German then...some of them I guess are as clueless as the Brits...

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Or German then...some of them I guess are as clueless as the Brits...
    As clueless as a Canadian eh?

All set for the big match tonight, a nice red wine is bouncing inside and hoping Chile wins tonight's game.