Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Reply
Page 149 of 196 FirstFirst ... 141 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 157 ... LastLast
  1. #1481

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,318
    Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Ozil reminds me of Berbatov. Undoubted quality, touch and vision, but he plays in his own little daydream.

    Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app
    That describes dozens of footballers but I'm thinking of one in particular . . . "Why Always Him?"

    Last edited by huja; 03-07-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    Tom007 and justjoe86 like this.

  2. #1482

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,822

    2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by boyau74:
    Hi guys.

    I'm a new to HK 25yo and glad to see an active forum about Football here (sad I discovered it quite late for WC...)

    As a heavy sports bettor I'm a huge followers of main European Leagues (as well as NBA/ATP though its not topic related)

    If some people here are open for a drink or willing to watch night games in bars I'm fully open, lmk!

    Cheers, and go France
    Welcome on board :-) :-)

    Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    boyau74 likes this.

  3. #1483

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    TST
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    That describes dozens of footballers
    True but probably not all of them got transfered for 50M€ or over.

  4. #1484

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    TST
    Posts
    10

    Btw I'm curious about what neutral people think about this fixture ?
    Are Germans strong favorite for you ?

    Obv they have more technically skilled individuals as well as a top gk, but from what I saw they struggle against physical teams (especially with Guardiola's influence over Bayern players to always avoid physical battle) and our central defense/midfield is very athletic so I think we are a good fit to beat them.

    Nonetheless it should be very close.

    Last edited by boyau74; 03-07-2014 at 01:53 PM.

  5. #1485

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by boyau74:

    If some people here are open for a drink or willing to watch night games in bars I'm fully open
    Sure. When the premier league season starts I'm pretty sure there'll be some gatherings. I can't really do these middle of the night world cup games though. Prefer to watch at home

    Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app

  6. #1486

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    14,586
    Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Everyone else knew what he meant by favourites.

    Which half of you do you want to win in the Germany France game anyway?

    Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Frankly didn't even crossed my mind at all (I don't bet). I was in my case more referring to what commentors (at least the one I read/listen too) were saying.

    But anyway won't spoil a great thread with a useless debate...
    Tom007 likes this.

  7. #1487

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,822

    2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

    Quote Originally Posted by boyau74:
    Btw I'm curious about what neutral people think about this fixture ?
    Are Germans strong favorite for you ?

    Obv they have more technically skilled individuals as well as a top gk, but from what I saw they struggle against physical teams (especially with Guardiola's influence over Bayern players to always avoid physical battle) and our central defense/midfield is very athletic so I think we are a good fit to beat them.

    Nonetheless it should be very close.
    For the neutrals it can't be any better. Terrific open Quarter Final fixtures all the way. Every qualified team struggled at some point. Argentina could be out, Brazil too, the Germans somehow as well ( at least in normal time ), Netherlands vs Mexico was very very close indeed and France didn't convince either.


    Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Last edited by Tom007; 03-07-2014 at 02:07 PM.

  8. #1488

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Agreed. I've seen him play with Arsenal and he can be very inconsistent. Great in one match, then rather disappointing in another. No reliability.
    The thing is Wenger can rest him any time and then. Löw as the National Coach won't do that. Understandably!


    Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

  9. #1489

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,636

    Germany's last performance, squeezing through on penalties, was disappointing. I have the feeling the France-Germany match will be too.


  10. #1490

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Germany's last performance, squeezing through on penalties, was disappointing. I have the feeling the France-Germany match will be too.
    ?


    Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks