Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Page 164 of 196 FirstFirst ... 156 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 172 ... LastLast

I hope it's Germany vs Nederland

Tom007 likes this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup

Teams reaching the top four, great overview

Quote Originally Posted by Walter White:
    FYI, you are going along with the bookies favorites again. Germany slight favorites against Brazil. Neymar being out has a lot to do with this.

Argentina favorites against Holland.
    Great.

With or Without Neymar, I'd still pick Germany.

Well done and thumbs up Mat. Great stats

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

If I may correct: those odds don't represent bookies view but the general opinion.

Germany Brazil is a interesting case cause actually odds that were released first had Brazil as a favorite (it went from 2.5 to 2.8 now, Germany from 3 to 2.8.) so basically they anticipated badly people's opinion (that's what they try to do everytime) and just like for any liquid market offer and demand brought prices to an equilibrium which as for now matches betters' opinion, ie this fixture is an even game

Sent from my Nexus 5 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by boyau74:
    If I may correct: those odds don't represent bookies view but the general opinion.
    Combination of both really. At least in the bookmakers I used to work for (the biggest in the UK), I know odds compilers' initial odds were produced based on a combination of statistical analysis (based on the likelihood of results) and also predicted betting from the punters. Later, these odds would fluctuate according to large bets placed, and other factors. With horse racing which is known to be fixed at times, certain customers were prevented from placing large bets, but their opinions also influenced the odds.

But aaaaanyway. I think Germany&Argentina will win too, but I'd prefer them both to lose!

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app

I predicated a Germany Argy final in my predictor thing - I think it'd make for an amazing final. The only two teams in this competition capable of controlling play. It'd be a blockbuster! (Or they'd cancel each other out and wait for penners)

Tom007 likes this.

I've got Brazil Argentina and need Brazil to win. Don't fancy my chances!

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    I predicated a Germany Argy final in my predictor thing - I think it'd make for an amazing final. The only two teams in this competition capable of controlling play. It'd be a blockbuster! (Or they'd cancel each other out and wait for penners)
    You mean you fabricated one?

Fabricated what?