Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Page 44 of 196 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Hey! It was the ENGLAND team that played for shite. Don't confuse us English people with the Welsh, the Northern Irish or... gasp... the Scots!

My apologies.

Iberian Peninsula having a tough start to this World Cup . . . a collective one goal scored against NINE allowed.

Tom007 likes this.

Iberians 1-9 Holy Roman Empire

Sounds like something from Monty Python

Last edited by Fatelvis; 17-06-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Watercooler, huja and iliketurtles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatelvis:
    Iberians 1-9 Holy Roman Empire

Sounds like something from Monty Python
    Not even the English are that bad...yet.

Watercooler, change the record. You have an unhealthy obsession with England.

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Watercooler, change the record. You have an unhealthy obsession with England.

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app
    It's okay. We English can stand the ribbing. Besides, you know... *cough* ... Canada.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 17-06-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Fatelvis and Watercooler like this.

It's okay. We English can stand the ribbing. Besides, you know... *cough* ... Canada.
    Haha, I just wonder if he has some kind of Freudian complex.. Anglo-fixation perhaps.
    Watercooler likes this.

No worries, Canada has never been into soccer. But we are still good at sports we invent, wish I could say the same for England and soccer...

As for why I would be posting here then, I blame England, got hooked onto Premier League while I was in London. Damn you English for making me fall for soccer...I mean "football".
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-06-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Haha, I just wonder if he has some kind of Freudian complex.. Anglo-fixation perhaps.
    I just have a fascination with love-able losers, like the English team. The land of fish and chips made me fall for football, yet their national team is so lousy at it. That contradiction is a source of interest for me.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-06-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    I just have a fascination with love-able losers, like the English team. The land of fish and chips made me fall for football, yet their national team is so lousy at it. That contradiction is a source of interest for me.
    Blame royalty. They wanted to fight wars so they banned the riff-raff from playing football in order to practise archery. I think one of the churches also tried to ban it.

We invented the game and have been playing it, or a version of it, for 500 years. We juuuuuust need another century or so to improve.

To be fair, we also gave the world rugby and cricket, in addition to football, and the rest of the world beats us roundly at them too.
    Watercooler, huja and East_coast like this.

Page 44 of 196 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast