Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Page 68 of 196 FirstFirst ... 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Is anyone on your ignore list?
    On my actual Ignore List - three people. But they are not names I recognise so probably just passing trolls.

On my mental Ignore List - where to start?
    gunsnroses and Mat like this.

£5 on Rooney to score first but lose 2-1, 115 to 1.
    £4 on Rooney to score first and win 2-1, 40 to 1.

iliketurtles and Tom007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    England has the pre-gloat gloat. We made it there.

Talking of 'there', where is Trance? He should stay on Hong Kong time.
    But the English would stand a better chancing of win, or at least advance further into the World Cup if they came as the UK (with Scottish, Welsh and Irish players in their roster).

How did Scotland or Wales get to represent themselves anyway? UK is a unitary state. Even in a federal state like Canada (where the province are a separate level of government and has more powers than a unitary state with only a central gov), you don't get provinces playing in international sports. You don't see Quebec getting to represent themselves at the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    But the English would stand a better chancing of win, or at least advance further into the World Cup if they came as the UK (with Scottish, Welsh and Irish players in their roster).

How did Scotland or Wales get to represent themselves anyway? UK is a unitary state. Even in a federal state like Canada (where the province are a separate level of government and has more powers than a unitary state with only a central gov), you don't get provinces playing in international sports. You don't see Quebec getting to represent themselves at the Olympics.
    Only Bale would get into the England team

I always thought the Scots had their own leagues because they wouldn't stand a chance in the English ones.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 19-06-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Only Bale would get into the England team
    Pretty sure Aaron Ramsey would stroll straight into the side, too.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Pretty sure Aaron Ramsey would stroll straight into the side, too.
    Ramsey on this season's performance most probably will walk into the first XI, but I have my doubts if he can keep up those high standards.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

I always thought the Scots had their own leagues because they wouldn't stand a chance in the English ones.
    I hope the Scots don't hear that....

I hope the Scots don't hear that....
    It's okay. The Scots know they only have two clubs, Celtic and Rangers, and that the other games are to pass the time between rounds of golf and beer o'clock.
    Trance Omega likes this.

It's okay. The Scots know they only have two clubs, Celtic and Rangers, and that the other games are to pass the time between rounds of golf and beer o'clock.
    Rangers? I think you need to update your book of one liners

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app

Page 68 of 196 FirstFirst ... 60 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast