Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Page 78 of 196 FirstFirst ... 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Watercooler, I mean this sincerely but you're the only one (maybe on other, too) with a hard on for England. Look at the England fans on this thread. No one is even close to claiming they're amazing. I'd like to think we're better than Costa Rica and Uruguay, but the reality is that maybe we're not.
    Ok, fine.

Maybe a better question is what should the English team do to turn around in the WC, assuming they can?

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    More like 2 decades ago - pretty much with the inception of the PL.
    Correct, was thinking the 90ies...but that;s indeed 2 decades ago already (OMFG getting old!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Ok, fine.

Maybe a better question is what should the English team do to turn around in the WC, assuming they can?
    I think for a start you can take that discussion elsewhere

Ok, fine.

There's nothing they can do. They've tried their best and come up short. Really, as in life, that's ok.

If I was manager, I'd let the rest of the squad get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Correct, was thinking the 90ies...but that;s indeed 2 decades ago already (OMFG getting old!!!)
    I somehow think of 90s as something just gone by too and that's why every time I have to calculate the actual years, I go OMFG I am getting old...

So they just sucked compared to the competition.

So I'm not wrong when I say they are crappy then?
    They dont suck they are a decent team with decent results.

They are just not (at least nowadays) a team that can win major tournament, no shame in that. Most teams are in that situation

I think nowadays, only Brazil, Italy and Germany can enter in a competition with a clear favorite tag (right or worng is another question) - the rest they sometime get thru a great period (France, Spain), they sometime do something special (Netherlands, Argentina, England, Croatia) but end of the day, those 3 are most of the time there.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I saw just the headline on SkyNews press preview before I saw the results. Cruel, too cruel.

iliketurtles and Tom007 like this.

This question (why are England still crap and lag behind other Euro teams) will be asked again and again.

I agree that the PL is a great league but the English players that play for the big teams are mostly work horses or goalkeepers (few exceptions). The point being, they're not the midfield generals or ones with any tactical sense.

The Euro '96 team was far better, we had Gazza/Shearer and a good defense. That chip over Colin Hendrie, the 4-1 defeat of the Dutch etc , far better than this lot, even though they are a slight improvement over the 2010 team.

It comes down to the fact that the Premier League is more important than the National side. The FA are in awe of the PL and comply with just about everything they say. Club before country. Champs League before World Cup. It's where all the money is.

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

No more free TV for all remaining group fixtures.

TV Guide
    21 June 2014

Italy vs Costa Rica
    12:00am
    TVB Network Vision 13 Channel
    TVB Network Vision 19 Channel
    NOW Channel 818
    NOW Channel 840

Switzerland vs France
    03:00am
    NOW Channel 818
    NOW Channel 840

Honduras vs Ecuador
    06:00am
    NOW Channel 818
    NOW Channel 840

My take
    Italy vs Costa Rica 2:1
    Switzerland vs France 1:2
    Honduras vs Ecuador 0:0

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

iliketurtles likes this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex...World-Cup.html

looks like some are scoring by other means, the Bosnian manager's response is the best

Page 78 of 196 FirstFirst ... 70 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 86 ... LastLast