Like Tree868Likes

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Page 99 of 196 FirstFirst ... 91 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    WC
    I am in Belo Horizonte for the England game. Fly to Rio next.

Sent via carrier pigeon
    Trance :-) Maybe we can see you this time. Shouldn't be packed ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

2014 FiFA Worldcup Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    A little off-topic, but how is Brazil anyway? Apart from the World Cup, do you notice the protests, riots or crime wave that the media seem to be harping on? What sort of security measures (if any) do you take as a precaution? How is the transportation like getting to the stadium from the hotel? Any price gouging? How are the the staff at the hotel or stadium? Helpful? Or not?
    I should answer this after my first leg in Rio. Seen a bit of crime but you can count on one hand and police always there. Saw some Argies misbehaving on our first night here but all in all no where near as bad as what the media saying.
    Organisation has been ok, so far.
    Off for a drive to Ouro Preto tomorrow before heading to Rio.
    Heard from some English fans here it is safer in the favelas then on Copacabana area.

I would share more photos but the last lot got deleted for some strange reason.

Sent via carrier pigeon
    Last edited by Trance Omega; 24-06-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Watercooler likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Someone thought this was 'funny'...

Watercooler and huja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Someone thought this was 'funny'...

Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    That would be nice. I'm also hoping that maybe Klinsmann and Low are working out a back room deal to play to a tie so both teams advance. it has been done before...
    Non - aggression pact between Germany and Austria 1982 World Cup Spain.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_...80%930_Austria

Kickoff Uruguay vs Italy. Real classic

Network shite here so no photos till later

Sent via carrier pigeon

Network shite here so no photos till later

Sent via carrier pigeon
    :-(

Silver lining in a sky of dark clouds for supports of the Three Lions . . . at least you aren't Spain.

Spain plane struck by lightning on Madrid approach

I should answer this after my first leg in Rio. Seen a bit of crime but you can count on one hand and police always there. Saw some Argies misbehaving on our first night here but all in all no where near as bad as what the media saying.
    Organisation has been ok, so far.
    Off for a drive to Ouro Preto tomorrow before heading to Rio.
    Heard from some English fans here it is safer in the favelas then on Copacabana area.

I would share more photos but the last lot got deleted for some strange reason.

Sent via carrier pigeon
    Copacabana is dodgy as hell and basically full of prostitutes but not so sure about it being safer in the favelas!!

I've lived in Brazil before and we visit my wife's family here every year and I've never seen so many police around as there are right now for the cup. The Brazilian people are very wary of putting on a good show for the world and therefore the atmosphere has been one of a party with no sign of riots or trouble although may change if Brazil get knocked out!

It's very different visiting Brazil when the Cup isn't on. I've never been a victim of crime here but I do know a lot of people that have and you do have to be very careful when out and about in certain areas, especially at night. I was also here last year during the riots and honestly, I didn't see anything. There were obviously some riots and protests that took place but I don't think they were quite as bad as the media would lead us to believe. To be honest, i can understand why they're protesting as Brazil has some of the highest taxes in the world yet the public get nothing in return. It's an incredibly expensive place to live because of the taxes yet the police force, education system, health system and infrastructure are desperately lacking in investment. When you see the amount of money being spent on stadiums that will not be used again after the World Cup then you can see why people are pissed!!!!

Page 99 of 196 FirstFirst ... 91 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 107 ... LastLast