Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl

Waterfall Gym - Kornhill, Quarry Bay.

Waterfall Gym - Kornhill, Quarry Bay.

Thinking of signing up here but just wanted to get the opinion of existing members, if there are any?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

It seems to be a fairly nice operation compared to some of the other options. The staff seem quite nice and they don't do the Personal Trainer hard sell that are problems at other gyms.

They're mainly fitness machine oriented so the weights section, whist adequate, feels a bit cramped. But it seems fairly quiet compared to other gyms (admittedly I have not been there just after work which is peak hour for most gyms). The machines are very new.

snakeeye likes this.

imark

How much you pay there?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quick update: The barbells are borderline for serious workouts. The barbells don't have bearing mechanisms which make them less than optimal for big compound movements like snatches and cleans. Whoever sourced the gear also managed to get a plate/barbell combination that results it it being a real pain in the ass to take plates off a barbell.

The dumbells seem okay though. And on the upside, the people who use the free weights section seem to be a bit more civilised than at other gyms- there is a distinct lack of idiots that leave their plates scattered all over the floor and people actually seem to use the gear and benches, instead of just loiter.

I have no idea how the machines are, besides them being new (haven't used them yet).

The showers and changeroom are a lot nicer than over at Fitness First. I have yet to notice people parking their naked asses on the seats, and the bathroom section is much cleaner.

Last edited by jgl; 31-07-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Iam member here since 2011 , unlimited member ship for less than 500hkd with yoga , gym and dance classes.. And there's Les Mills classes too