Like Tree18Likes

The Open Championship 2014 at the Royal Liverpool Golf Club

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Birdie chance for Rory and ...........

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

I've met my match, my superior in you, Tom. I thought I was a sports junkie. But I draw the line at following golf beyond anything more than glancing at final results on Sunday. All hail King Tom!

Tom007 likes this.

.... He hold it :-)

66 Round. Well done. Good night

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I've met my match, my superior in you, Tom. I thought I was a sports junkie. But I draw the line at following golf beyond anything more than glancing at final results on Sunday. All hail King Tom!
    Thank you thank you huja. Very kind :-) Yeah really like Golf especially The Open. It's beautiful :-)

Leaderboard after second Round

1 Rory McIlroy -12
    2 Dustin Johnson -8
    T3 Rickie Fowler -6
    T3 Sergio Garcia
    T3 F. Molinari
    T3 Ryan Moore
    T3 L. Oosthuizen
    T3 C. Schwartzel
    T9 George Goetzee -5
    T9 Jim Furyk
    T9 Marc Warren

Selected Players

19 Justin Rose -2
    T31 Darren Clarke E
    T31 P. Michelson
    T31 T. Jaidee
    T56 Tom Watson +2
    T56 Tiger Woods

MC selected Players :-(

K.J. Choy
    Ian Poulter
    Lee Westwood
    John Daly
    Miguel Angel Jimenez
    Bubba Watson
    Boo Weekley
    Ernie Els
    Padraig Harrington
    Nick Faldo

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Tiger on the green and hold his birdie put! He can stay for another 2 days :-) :-)
    Mixed feelings about that? Woods isn't used to hanging around over the weekend with virtually no chance of winning - which was his declared intention. Playing for pride only is new territory for the 38-year-old - unlike players such as Rose, who missed the cut in his first 21 pro events.

Quote Originally Posted by araucaria:
    Mixed feelings about that? Woods isn't used to hanging around over the weekend with virtually no chance of winning - which was his declared intention. Playing for pride only is new territory for the 38-year-old - unlike players such as Rose, who missed the cut in his first 21 pro events.
    Agreed. It isn't easy for him. 14 behind the leader is massive and just too much. On the other hand it should give him a boost making the cut ( yes time has changed ) and I'm sure he will finish in style. He was all over the course yesterday. Don't think that will happen again.

http://mobile.golfweek.com/news/2014...mplates=mobile

Simply add 12 hrs for HKT :-)

Last edited by Tom007; 19-07-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Agreed. It isn't easy for him. 14 behind the leader is massive and just too much. On the other hand it should give him a boost making the cut ( yes time has changed ) and I'm sure he will finish in style. He was all over the course yesterday. Don't think that will happen again.

Well to be honest, he seems to have lost his "mojo" ever since his self-inflicted infidelity affair. That, combined with his injuries, seem to have cost him his ability to win any more majors. To be fair, at 38 in pro golf, there is still some years left for Tiger (after all, a number of pros still won majors well into their 40's), but if he can't find his "golden touch" back within the next few seasons, that's it, its over for him as far as winning any more majors is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Well to be honest, he seems to have lost his "mojo" ever since his self-inflicted infidelity affair. That, combined with his injuries, seem to have cost him his ability to win any more majors. To be fair, at 38 in pro golf, there is still some years left for Tiger (after all, a number of pros still won majors well into their 40's), but if he can't find his "golden touch" back within the next few seasons, that's it, its over for him as far as winning any more majors is concerned.
    He is not the same since then and nobody is disputing this. Age is not on his side either but way too early to write him off. If he stays injury free he will win another Major.

Watercooler likes this.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast