Like Tree1Likes

Looking for decent priced Yoga and Pilates lessons

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for decent priced Yoga and Pilates lessons

If you guys know any places that offer decent priced (perhaps cheap or something that's made you think, wow, that's worth it!) type of places for Yoga and Pilates, please let me know!

I'm not interested in the typical, well-advertised places such as PURE, but I am willing to look at small, perhaps less expensive places that don't show off their large and renovated places.

Advice greatly appreciated as I am a beginner... Not sure what I saw about 'mat' pilates, what's the difference?

Groupon and BeeCrazy often have cheap deals ... you can try a few and figure out what you like.

Here's a current deal: http://www.groupon.hk/deals/activiti...ance/718731528

Last edited by shri; 14-08-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Please define "cheap" as this a relative term.

Just to add, we used Anhao via a coupon code. They are not too bad, they have both mat and reformer pilates.

But again, it really does come down to what you consider "cheap".

Last edited by pin; 14-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks! I checked that thread out before, just wanted to see if another set of audience had different views.

Quote Originally Posted by TatianaS:
    Advice greatly appreciated as I am a beginner... Not sure what I saw about 'mat' pilates, what's the difference?
    Keeping it very simple, mat is just down using a mat i.e. a yoga mat or similar whereas reformer uses a reformer machine (and other pilates equipment).

Since budget appears to be an issue, stick with mat pilates as reformer is much more expensive because the equipment required means very small class size etc (although personally I much prefer reformer it to mat work). Ultimately, your class will only be as good as the instructor taking it - the quality of instruction is more important than the class type.

Options Studio on Stanley St in Central are one of the best places I've found in HK for good quality instruction (in English or Canto) but they are very small and I think they only have a couple of mat classes per week. Most of their work is 1:1 with clients.
    Last edited by bibbju; 14-08-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TatianaS:
    Keeping it very simple, mat is just done using a mat i.e. a yoga mat or similar whereas reformer uses a reformer machine (and other pilates equipment).

Since budget appears to be an issue, stick with mat pilates as reformer is much more expensive because the equipment required means very small class size etc (although personally I much prefer reformer to mat work). Ultimately, your class will only be as good as the instructor taking it - the quality of instruction is more important than the class type.

Options Studio on Stanley St i Central are one of the best places I've found in HK for good quality instruction (in English or Canto) but they are very small and I think they only have a couple of mat classes per week. Most of their work is 1:1 with clients.

There's Action Waterfall gym in Olympian city Mall.. unlimited yoga class like hot yoga, ashtanga, vinyasa, yin etc for more or less 300hkd per month.. I've joined since 2011 and I liked it ..

I'm not sure that's a current price. I thought the gym was over a thousand a month just for the half membership that doesn't include use of the pool?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast