Like Tree3Likes

power lifting gym??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

power lifting gym??

I have been heading to a local gym for like 5 months now and I am an amateur interested into power lifting.
    Does any one know about gym that is designed or based specially for power lifting and people who do actual power lifting?
    Thank you.

Not specifically. Pure does have a lifting platform and eleiko plates though, which is perfect for deadlifts. Causeway bay and Ifc both have this. Not sure about others

Sent from my GT-S5301 using GeoClicks mobile app

Check out pinnacleperformance.hk , they are relatively new but the owner has been around forever and knows his stuff. Their oly classes started about a month ago so theres still plenty of spaces to sign up until the place gets popular. You can try it out for free for a day.

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cbformula:
    Check out pinnacleperformance.hk , they are relatively new but the owner has been around forever and knows his stuff. Their oly classes started about a month ago so theres still plenty of spaces to sign up until the place gets popular. You can try it out for free for a day.
    Wow, that place is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    HK$2895 per month; a minimum of a 3 month contract followed by monthly autopay

That's almost 10k right off the bat

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Seems inline with other small-group and presumably higher quality instructor outfits out there?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Seems inline with other small-group and presumably higher quality instructor outfits out there?
    Doesn't take away from the fact that they are still expensive.

Yes, all such operations are expensive in HK. Usually in other parts of the world too. That's what happens when you have above average staff, high fixed overheads and small class sizes.

Or did you actually have something useful to contribute here?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Yes, all such operations are expensive in HK. Usually in other parts of the world too. That's what happens when you have above average staff, high fixed overheads and small class sizes.

Or did you actually have something useful to contribute here?
    OP didn't specifically ask for, and I quote, "high-end facilities" and as an amateur like he said, he probably isn't interested in paying that price for something he's not familiar with.

What OP needs is a beginner-friendly and affordable start to the sport. I suggest taking powerlifting courses with the HKWPA, that offers english based courses for people of all levels from instructors that represent Hong Kong in international PL meets. After taking beginning courses, OP can decide for himself if he wants to advance to the higher level courses. What he doesn't need is a 10k gym contract.

Follow this link for more information: 香港舉重健力總會

They also offer weightlifting courses in addition to powerlifting which OP might be interested in.

Now, you've done nothing but promote pinnacle performance and single out those who have given comments about their gym. If you're involved with pinnacle performance, aggressively marketing your business on forums like these is not the way to go about it. I'm not sure I want to be a customer, even if I wanted to pay the membership fee.

You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. Exactly who in this thread promoted Pinnacle?

I'll give you a hint: It happens once, and once only, in post #3.

I certainly hadn't heard of them until reading this thread.

Sunfire likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast