Like Tree1Likes

Hiking...anyone?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Hiking...anyone?

So I found myself with plenty of time in hand during weekends all of sudden, and I figured it would be good to pick up hiking again, given the weather is much kinder on hikers at the moment comparing to a few months ago.

The plan is to hike on either Sat or Sun, not the hard core ones, and it would probably start anytime from 10 am. I don't suppose you'd fancy getting up early on a weekend. I'm an average hiker, and it's gonna be one of the trails in HK, so you don't have to be super athletic. If you are, well, I promise I'll try to catch up

Finishing a hike near bars/restaurants would be nice, and remote ones that offer great views would be equally rewarding.

It's hiking not dating. So anyone and everyone is welcome to join me. I work in HK, and I've been on trails with exchange students and a couple of hikers in their 50+. So you get the picture.

Please don't laugh at what I'm about to say coz I've heard horrendous stories before. Hiking, like other outdoor activities, carries certain risks, like slip and fall, so please make sure you are in the relatively fit form to join, and preferably have insurance.

I'm going to start the hiking this Sun (Nov 16) and will probably do it until the weekend before xmas. So if anyone is interested, please PM me

Have a good day.

You might want to also look at one of the many hiking clubs. They have quite different characters. Two on meetup, one on group spaces, one on yahoo.

Who is on yahoo?
    There is also twats and Roz...

It might be same as Roz - Saturday Hikers. Nice people, the one I did was significantly slower than HKHM

are there any camping sites in Aberdeen park?

Or you can join me, OP. I've hiked a lot of places around HK. What kind of hiking spots do you have in mind?

Thanks Katherine. I'll look into them

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Or you can join me, OP. I've hiked a lot of places around HK. What kind of hiking spots do you have in mind?
    That'd work, too. I live on HK island but I've not done the parkview yet (shocking, I know ) How about parkview first? I hope it's not too vanilla for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Not sure about Aberdeen park, but Tai Long Wan is popular for camping, and I've come across camping sites along the trail to Sai Wan. Quite a dedication thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    No.

Morrison likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast