Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mlclau
  • 1 Post By henryvera


  1. #1


    Trying to find a cricket club where I can a) watch games and B) possibly join a veteran team.

    They all seem to be very expensive and hard to join as a member.

    Does anyone have any ideas to help please?



  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2002

    The private member clubs that I am aware of are the Hong Kong Cricket Club, craigengower cricket club and the Kowloon Cricket club. KCC and HKCC have their own grounds.

    At this point, I suspect that unless you're on their A or B teams sporting memberships will be tough to get. Sporting memberships are generally reasonable and give you access to all the facilities.

    Having said that ... there are a lot of teams in the leagues which play / watch.

    Teams / Contacts: Hong Kong Cricket Association

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Get in touch with the Club Cricket Captain at KCC / HKCC and say you're interested in coming down for a trial. They'll have friendly / social games or training sessions which they could invite you too.

    It wouldn't hurt to be half decent, but if you're like me and useless at your chosen sport (I used to play another sport as a sporting member, before becoming a full member) make sure you do make an effort to hang around for the standard post-game drinks at the club and get as chummy as you can as possible!

    Last edited by mlclau; 26-11-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    shri likes this.

  4. #4

    If you are half decent standard there are several cricket clubs which are not full membership clubs that you can play for, Message me and I'll put you in touch of a few managers/clubs that take on players that are just looking for a game.

    wtbhotia likes this.