Like Tree4Likes

Australian cricketer Phil Hughes dies after 'freak accident'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    It hit his neck not his head. The first paragraph of yours is back to your old username standard.
    Well, why am I not allow to express what I think of the sport? It doesn't in anyway detract from the fact this is a tragedy. I think I am pretty clear in that. In case you didn't notice, I was expressing my condolences. I don't have to like the sport to show sympathy for the deceased and his loved ones in a horrible event in that sport.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 30-11-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Normally I find cricket is about as exciting as watching grass grow. But still, I don't take any delight over a tragic death in that sport.
    Perhaps it is the tone and subject of these couple of sentences.

Sadly a world class sportsman who is someone's son , brother, friend, team mate, colleague has passed away after a sporting accident. Also the bowler must be distraught along with many other people who know these two men.

For someone to declare they take no pleasure from this situation even though they don't like their profession seems tasteless and unnecessary. SImple condolences would suffice or respectful silence.

Apologies for the personal nature of this post but it seems wrong to put yourself front and centre when other people have suffered a tragic loss.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Perhaps it is the tone and subject of these couple of sentences.

Sadly a world class sportsman who is someone's son , brother, friend, team mate, colleague has passed away after a sporting accident. Also the bowler must be distraught along with many other people who know these two men.

For someone to declare they take no pleasure from this situation even though they don't like their profession seems tasteless and unnecessary. SImple condolences would suffice or respectful silence.

Apologies for the personal nature of this post but it seems wrong to put yourself front and centre when other people have suffered a tragic loss.
    Apologies, I guess this is something lost in translation. I meant to say while I didn't particular like cricket, I offer my condolences to the deceased and his family. I don't need to like a sport to offer condolences to tragic events in that sport, that was my point. But I guess my words got misunderstood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2