Like Tree6Likes

HELP need advice on cancelling gym contract...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry HELP need advice on cancelling gym contract...

Hi there,

I am trying to cancel my gym contract. I was hastily made to sign this contract which I barely read when I was told my 2 years membership would be paid in instalments and now the entire amount has come out of my account!!! 72k!
    I re-read the contract at home and it says you cannot be a member of the gym if all the feed aren't paid up front. I was completely sucked into this and they really misconducted me. Is there anything I can do? Can I call a lawyer and is it worth it?
    thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Tell me, does the gym have the initials C.F.?

you mean they charged you 72K on your credit card?? or took 72K from your current account??

that sucks, consumer protection in Hong Kong = none. Just call customer service and try negotiate it.

For this much money, I would try a lawyer yes. If they lied (told you it would be paid in instalments) that has to be a breach of some law even with our zero consumer protection in HK.... I think it's over the limit of the small claims tribunal - but that's a lower cost option. Perhaps if you are only trying to claim 10 months back (for example) it might fall into that....

that's expensive, HK$3000 for gym membership? including personal trainer I suppose

Charged 72k off the credit card... When they told me it would be per instalments like it would be in any other country. Never heard of paying upfront a gym for 2 years... Anyway now they are saying they have done nothing wrong so they won't pay me back even if I offered to pay 10k just to deal with it. Pretty shitty of them really... As anyone ever heard of anything like this? Shall I get a lawyer?

yes it was 3500 per month with quite a few personal training session. Including the joining fee. But it all went so fast I really didn't even they would take it all in one go.
    They tried to push me to buy more sessions.
    And the guy who manages the gym writes to me on what's app and is extremely annoying and rude about the whole situ...

credit card chargeback maybe possible. Call your credit card company.

Look at your contract, did you sign a credit card slip or something where you allowed them to take all the money out?

Also, you might as well name the gym and branch.

Last edited by pin; 08-12-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Call your credit card bank and discuss with them that you have been charged wrongly and you want to dispute the charges or even cancel it.

Once you have managed to get over that hurdle the gym will probably try to come for you. Just ignore them

HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast