Gyms in HK Tai Po NT?

Closed Thread

Gyms in HK Tai Po NT?

I'm preparing for a 2-3 month job hunting excursion in June-July-August.

Currently in the UK I go to the gym daily, it's a old style gym with friendly old men old equipment and it is quite cheap.

Having seen my cousins and relatives in HK all go there and pile on the pounds I thought it best if I locate a gym somewhere in Tai Po.

Does anybody have any ideas? A cross trainer and some loose weights would do me fine! I loathe swimming though.

Thanks

There are a few choices in Tai Po, depending on the style you prefer. There is a newish branch of Physical, one of the major operators in HK, as well as some much smaller ones if you want to stay away from the mass market commercial types. The area of Tai Po you settle in may also influence your choice, as the town is quite spread out.
    If you want contact details of the smaller ones, PM me, although I can't recommend any personally.

There are also government operated gyms, which are cheaper, but often have waiting lists and requirements for entry.

Although you don't want to swim, Tai Po has a great public swimming centre, with multiple pools, but closed in the cooler months.

Last edited by croash; 05-02-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks, I'm actually scared of water (too many times fished from the bottom of the pool half drowned)