Which gym ?

Which gym ?

Hi all

just moved to hk this week, currently use fitness first from Aus but am keen to sample HK more broadly before making a call on what to join here.

Like to do my own strength/cardio training with some classes here and there (spin mainly)

do you think this link is an accurate wrap up of the market ? Anywhere missing I should check out ?

https://healthyhongkong.wordpress.com/hong-kong-gyms/

I'll be based in central and travelling a fair bit for work so don't want anything too 'gold plated'

thanks !

hey i joined fitness first in fortress hill, for around hkd 580 per month. i get unlimited use and access to most classes except the premium ones (i dont do classes though so not that clued up on it) but its a decent place for my needs which are mainly free weights, barbell and pull up bar. check out fitness first in central or wan chai.

compare to other places like pure fitness etc where u have different packages that limit how u can use the gym or pay ridiculous fees for unlimited use! plus the parks are pretty good, most have free outdoor gym and running track.

also ive heard and read nothing but bad things about california fitness..

Quote Originally Posted by AnishS:
    hey i joined fitness first in fortress hill, for around hkd 580 per month. i get unlimited use and access to most classes except the premium ones (i dont do classes though so not that clued up on it) but its a decent place for my needs which are mainly free weights, barbell and pull up bar. check out fitness first in central or wan chai.

compare to other places like pure fitness etc where u have different packages that limit how u can use the gym or pay ridiculous fees for unlimited use! plus the parks are pretty good, most have free outdoor gym and running track.
    Damn that's a good price, how long is the contract?

Its 12 months. Forgot to mention for this level of membership they can give you a "passport" to any other fitness first gym. So u can use any other gym in the world which is at the same tier as ur home club