Like Tree3Likes

Alternatives to English Football on NowTV

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alternatives to English Football on NowTV

Hi All,

I'm looking to subscribe to an internet service that will provide good quality football matches. After recently being on the phone to Now TV, I have found their Super Sports Package to be unsatisfactory as they try to tie you in to long contracts despite only guaranteeing the Premier League until the end of next season, and more importantly, while I enjoy the premier league, I support a team in the championship which Now TV, as far as I know, doesn't provide.

Thus, my question is this, does anyone know of a reliable, high quality internet service which offers both premier league and championship football?

Thanks in advance

maige tv box, $2400 includes the box and 1st year subscription, following year is HK$800

Please be aware that by getting a Maige box you are stepping on a legal grey area. There is no guarantee which services it will offer.

Alternatives to English football are Spanish and Dutch which can be found on the fox sports and now sports channels.

If you mean alternatives to Now TV for English football then what the above two posters said.

FWIW i support a championship team too and NowTV used to broadcast their games a few years ago. There are some pubs with Sky Sports that show the games if you ask them in advance.

Failing that just stream them online. Maige won't show those games which can't be streamed.

Last edited by Trebor; 11-03-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    maige tv box, $2400 includes the box and 1st year subscription, following year is HK$800
    Is the service reliable? Iwas given a Mi box last year but the variety of channels narrowed very quickly then stopped working. Have you seen it in action and how long has it been around?

Quote Originally Posted by brightonsam:
    Is the service reliable? Iwas given a Mi box last year but the variety of channels narrowed very quickly then stopped working. Have you seen it in action and how long has it been around?
    https://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/...ead287242.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Alternatives to English football are Spanish and Dutch which can be found on the fox sports and now sports channels.

If you mean alternatives to Now TV for English football then what the above two posters said.

FWIW i support a championship team too and NowTV used to broadcast their games a few years ago. There are some pubs with Sky Sports that show the games if you ask them in advance.

Failing that just stream them online. Maige won't show those games which can't be streamed.
    Apologies for the wording, I meant the latter.

Since the demise of Wiziwig, good streams have been hard to come by for even the PL, let alone the Championship. Possibly living on the outlying islands has sth to do with the poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by brightonsam:
    Apologies for the wording, I meant the latter.

Since the demise of Wiziwig, good streams have been hard to come by for even the PL, let alone the Championship. Possibly living on the outlying islands has sth to do with the poor quality.
    To be honest mate, it's probably a good thing with the season Brighton are having

Even if they did do the double over the team i support.

what internet speed do you have at home if your on the outlying islands.

here is the list of channels that was updated by a fellow memeber of this site.

channel 412 - 472 are sports channel, PL is definitely shown on one of those channels, Championship footie, hmm highly unlikely.

Attached Images Attached Images

Championship these guys

http://www.tvbnetworkvision.com/en/sportslivematch

Sent from my iPhone6+ using GeoClicks

wtbhotia and imparanoic like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast