Like Tree5Likes

Physical Gym questions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Physical Gym questions

So ive applied for membership after using the 3 month trial promotion. My friend is paying 436 a month with access to all branches but no towel. I asked my friend to hook me up with his contractor since i didnt want to deal with all the extra marketing bs. I take my credit card and go to their wan chai branch, sit down with the my friends contractor thinking "i'l only have to pay 436,without a deposit for one year". But when i give my credit card, they say they can't accept it since the limit on the credit card is 2k but theyll need to "hold" 5544. I get confused, ask what they mean by "hold" but I get no clear answer. Frustrated, i tell them i'l have to rethink and will be back next week. Now I'm worried theyll actually take the whole 5544 (which is what I'm trying to avoid else i might as well pay in cash). What do you all think?

As a rule of thumb, never give them your phone number because you will get junk marketing calls until you change number and never give them credit card because they will screw you if you try to terminate early. The fact they want to put a marker on your card for a whole year is the early warning sign.

But if i dont use a credit card, they demand a large lump sum of cash which i absolutely cannot afford as a uni student on a budget. Any ideas on what they meant by "holding" onto the $5544?

It's a marker against your credit limit on your card.. It's the same when you buy something on instalment by credit card - it isn't charged to your card, i.e. amount you have spent on your card, until it becomes paid.

Alzthehero likes this.

If u Student, why not go to government owned sports centre, they have gym facilities and a lot more transparent than those dodgy gym sales

Have you checked out your university gym?

imparanoic likes this.

Thats cuz my gym partner goes to physical and the government owned ones are kinda.. Bland. I need motivation i guess haha.

Motivation from marketing gym cost $$$

Alzthehero and imparanoic like this.

It is unusual for gyms in HK to do anything other than charge for the whole amount and repay in installments at best. they don't want the risk of you doing a runner.

Alzthehero likes this.

Take it as a good lesson learnt. As a previous customer, my advice, stay well clear. If it's outside your budget, don't walk in there again. I concur.....Never, but never, give them your phone number either. Try other avenues for getting exercise.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast