Like Tree12Likes

Gym rat food

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talking Gym rat food

Hi everyone...

I have a question for those who buy lots of meat to build and maintain muscle/fitness.

When I first moved here a couple of years ago, I was disappointed at lack of easily available, well priced, good quality high protein food – relative to what I was used to back home in Australia.

It's taken a little while, but I've now got some favorite meat suppliers, etc – but it was a bit of a pain going through trial and error of finding the right suppliers to get to this point. Quantities were a bit of a problem too due to small freezer at home, so wholesalers were out of the question.

I've had a search of the forums, and sourcing good quality meat does come up regularly, which got me to thinking that there's probably quite a few others who could use some help.

I've got some time on my hands, and like the idea of building a business out of providing a range of quality food specially chosen for bodybuilders and other fitness freaks in general.

So my question is... who here would be interested in a one-stop shop that delivers a whole diet solution (various quality meats, nuts, oatmeal, cottage cheese, supplements, shakes, etc, etc.)

Would love to hear any feedback on this idea... I've run a few businesses before back home, so I'll be ready to run with this if there's enough interest.

Thanks in advance for your help here!

Sean.

Last edited by Sean07; 30-05-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: formatting

I think you'd be better off supplying those items and letting people pick a-la-carte. Why limit yourself and your market?

Thanks Jay. The idea would be to build a product range based on product sourced from a number of different wholesalers... customers would then order a la carte as you've suggested.

You're right - I wouldn't want to limit my market, but the focus would be nutrition for people with fitness goals who don't want to run around to half a dozen suppliers to achieve those goals.

jayinhongkong likes this.

There's definitely a market for quality protein sources. I'd keep the site accessible to everyone so as not to scare away non-muscle heads! Lots of regular people want reasonably priced meat and cottage cheese too!

Sean07 likes this.

HK rats usually prefer left overs.

Sean07 likes this.

really classy thing to say dude. You did your country proud. your mom must be proud of her well mannered daughter living alone in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    There's definitely a market for quality protein sources. I'd keep the site accessible to everyone so as not to scare away non-muscle heads! Lots of regular people want reasonably priced meat and cottage cheese too!
    You are absolutely right... again (I think that's the point you were trying to make earlier - I missed it). I'll have to send you some free steaks when I open up shop

Sounds good to me...I'll provide consultation for food

Sean07 likes this.

A few things I wish were more accessible are bison and ostrich meat. Organic food isn't cheap here either!

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 31-05-2015 at 01:16 AM.

A range of organics would definitely be on my list, but not the focus of the store. Ostrich? Hehe... we'll see

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast