Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By TheBrit
  • 2 Post By TheBrit

Personal trainer HK pricing At physical fitness

Personal trainer HK pricing At physical fitness

Hi all.

i recently signed up to Physical fitness and got the PT. For 45 sessions, im paying about 1200 per session. Each session is 2 hours long. 1 hour of stretching and sports massage and one hour of body building. Was wondering if this is normally required and is it a good price? So far had my first lesson and it was reasonably ok.

Regards

RT

So you've paid $54,000 already? I'm shocked.

Personal trainers are good for about 20 lessons if you are body-building. After that, you can do most of the stuff yourself unless you really want someone to push you to your limits.

I was paying HKD500 per hour (no massaging, but my trainer was a guy) at Fitness First a decade ago, so the price for your current trainer is reasonable.

Last edited by DarrenChan; 10-06-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenChan:
    So you've paid $54,000 already? I'm shocked.

Personal trainers are good for about 20 lessons if you are body-building. After that, you can do most of the stuff yourself unless you really want someone to push you to your limits.

I was paying HKD500 per hour (no massaging, but my trainer was a guy) at Fitness First a decade ago, so the price for your current trainer is reasonable.

Damn. Thought i would be paying too much. Well there point of view is that my body posture and form is bad. Whether or not it was a good investment, i hope i made the right decision but like you say, 54k isnt small money. His plan is to push me to my limits and its very one on one where he trains with me rather than him just standing there with his phone like i hear the other reviews of personal trainers.

$1200 / 2 hours is reasonable... may be get a discount for the volume you're paying. But I doubt a chain like Physical will give discounts.

Have you considered joining one of the smaller gyms where you can negotiate a little bit more and get some more personal attention?

(Asking as I'm not sure if you've forked out the cash / credit card .. if you have pointless thinking about the money, focus on how to get the most of out the training.)

If you are splashing out this sort of cash, I would recommend

The World's Leading Personal Trainers now in Central, Hong Kong

shri and bibbju like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    If you are splashing out this sort of cash, I would recommend

The World's Leading Personal Trainers now in Central, Hong Kong
    A few from GeoExpat swear by them, but you're not going to get 2 hour sessions for $1200 - doubt they do the whole massage thing.

I'm not sure what the point of a massage is, especially right after a session. I think it would be more effective the next day when your muscles are really aching...

I would think paying $1000 a session at UP then $200 to a local massage joint as needed would be just as effective though.

Just throwing another option out there for those reading the thread anyway.

bibbju and shri like this.