Kennedy Town
    - small, as only phase 1 has been completed
    - not good for laps
    - fully outdoor
    - has a kids splashing pool
    - tends to be less crowded than Sun Yat Sen
    - clean, it's quite new too

Sun Yat Sen
    - has two pools, one for adults, one for kids (but it's a pool, not a splashing area..)
    - fully indoor, so don't expect to get a tan while swimming - there are outdoor sunbeds however
    - get's quite crowded
    - clean, it's a couple of years old
    Any suggestions for times in the afternoons or evenings when either of these will be less crowded for someone to swim laps? E.g. dinner times? after dinner etc?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    Any suggestions for times in the afternoons or evenings when either of these will be less crowded for someone to swim laps? E.g. dinner times? after dinner etc?

Thank you!
    Sunday evening after dinner time is usually the least crowded time to go to any public pool in HK, especially in the winter. Be sure to check the LCSD website first to see if there are any closure/events:

Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Beaches and Swimming Pools - Notice of Temporary Closure of Public Swimming Pool Facilities - Hong Kong Island & Kowloon

My home phone in HKG was the same number as the Morrison Hill Swimming Pool except the last two digits were transposed. Would get a couple of calls each month asking about pool hours and policies.

Anyone tried swimming at repulse bay beach? I notice they have 6 buoys with lines in between setup, which (I think) are 50 meters apart. So its 250 meters one end to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by eastside:
    Anyone tried swimming at repulse bay beach? I notice they have 6 buoys with lines in between setup, which (I think) are 50 meters apart. So its 250 meters one end to the other.
    There is an open water swimming group on Saturday afternoon 2:30 pm, usually at Repulse Bay (and also another group 8:30 am Sunday as well). Do you swim with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang:
    There is an open water swimming group on Saturday afternoon 2:30 pm, usually at Repulse Bay (and also another group 8:30 am Sunday as well). Do you swim with them?
    I don;t think I am proficient enough to swim with them. I believe they do a long and short course by going around middle island.

Quote Originally Posted by eastside:
    I don;t think I am proficient enough to swim with them. I believe they do a long and short course by going around middle island.
    I have swum with them yesterday. The course was Repulse Bay - Middle Island beach - VRC - outside Country Club - round Middle Island - Repulse Bay, total 5.3 km. There were another group of swimmers swam from Mui Wo to Discovery Bay (6 km) who were MUCH faster than this group (think about swimming a marathon in 3 hours) and did not welcome me because I could not catch up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    My home phone in HKG was the same number as the Morrison Hill Swimming Pool except the last two digits were transposed. Would get a couple of calls each month asking about pool hours and policies.
    That’s astonishing...people still have fixed line phones at home??

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    That’s astonishing...people still have fixed line phones at home??
    Do you mean wired charging?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang:
    There were another group of swimmers swam from Mui Wo to Discovery Bay (6 km) who were MUCH faster than this group (think about swimming a marathon in 3 hours) and did not welcome me because I could not catch up with them.
    That group includes a very famous HK-based American female swimmer who did a round HK swim a few months ago.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast