Like Tree159Likes

Premier League 2015/16 Discussion Thread

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

FULL TIME!

Leicester Top of the Table.

Chelsea Pits of Despair.

No fireworks in the (post-match) Mou Show. Jose was calm and rational. Said Leicester deserved the win. Said Chelsea were the better team for about 25-30 minutes while Leicester was the better team for an hour. Post-match show on U.S. television talking about how players pretty much have quit on Jose. Still won't pick Leicester to win the League nor do they think Chelsea gets relegated. One excellent point that did come up is that Leicester is done playing any European football while the other top teams will be expending energy on the Continent.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    No fireworks in the (post-match) Mou Show. Jose was calm and rational. Said Leicester deserved the win. Said Chelsea were the better team for about 25-30 minutes while Leicester was the better team for an hour. Post-match show on U.S. television talking about how players pretty much have quit on Jose. Still won't pick Leicester to win the League nor do they think Chelsea gets relegated. One excellent point that did come up is that Leicester is done playing any European football while the other top teams will be expending energy on the Continent.
    For Leicester a lot depends on whether Vardy stays injury free. Hope they can make top four.

When Mourinho said he wanted to finish fourth perhaps he meant fourth from bottom? Surely the failing one can't last much longer?
    huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    When Mourinho said he wanted to finish fourth perhaps he meant fourth from bottom?
    LOL. First round's on me, Hull!

Impossible to guess about manager job security. Man City's Pelligrini went a month without winning last season, including a Derby drubbing and some how survived and signed a (meaningless) contract extension.

No fireworks in the (post-match) Mou Show. . . .
    Update. Some more post-match comments from Mou were just aired. He questioned the professionalism/pride of his players. Wonder how that's going to go over.

Jose Mourinho- 'I feel like my work was betrayed' by Chelsea - ESPN FC
    Last edited by huja; 15-12-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Amazing ...

1 Leicester 35
    2 Arsenal 33
    3 ManCity 32
    4 ManUnited 29

16 Chelsea 15
    17 Swansea 14
    18 Norwich 14
    19 Sunderland 12
    20 Villa 6

Probably Villa out already !

East_coast likes this.

Update. Some more post-match comments from Mou were just aired. He questioned the professionalism/pride of his players. Wonder how that's going to go over.

Jose Mourinho- 'I feel like my work was betrayed' by Chelsea - ESPN FC
    If he had not lost the players already he has now. Whose job is it to motivate the players? Whose job is it to make sure the players are professional? If I was the manager of a failing company and blamed my employees I would get little sympathy.

If he had not lost the players already he has now. Whose job is it to motivate the players? Whose job is it to make sure the players are professional? If I was the manager of a failing company and blamed my employees I would get little sympathy.
    Jose's World . . . When Chelsea wins, it's because of him. When Chelsea loses, it because of the players.
    hullexile likes this.

Jose's World . . . When Chelsea wins, it's because of him. When Chelsea loses, it because of the players.
    Or the officials, or the doctor, or the pitch, or .......... anyone but him. I really don't like the man.
    huja likes this.

Or the officials, or the doctor, or the pitch, or .......... anyone but him. I really don't like the man.
    Would be a good candidate to be the next Bond villain.

Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast