Like Tree159Likes

Premier League 2015/16 Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Premier League 2015/16 Discussion Thread

Didn't see one started and week one is already in the books . . .

Man City dominated West Brom and sit top of the table after round one.

United gifted three points on Spurs own-goal.

Arsenal laid an egg and only have West Brom to buffer them from the bottom of the table.

Chelsea play with ten men after GK shown red and came away with a draw vs Swansea.

Transfer window still open and a huge match next week with at the Etihad as Chelsea visits Man City.

Premier League Table

East_coast likes this.

Anyone awake watching Barca vs. Seville in the UEFA Super Cup has been justly rewarded . . . Crazy, amazing match with more twists and turns than a Russian novel.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Anyone awake watching Barca vs. Seville in the UEFA Super Cup has been justly rewarded . . . Crazy, amazing match with more twists and turns than a Russian novel.
    Unfortunately I am following Hull vs Accrington Stanley on BBC text. Last year Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd etc. This year Accrington Stanley (and we are only drawing).
    huja and East_coast like this.

As a West ham fan, I am slightly happy with the first result of the season.

huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Unfortunately I am following Hull vs Accrington Stanley on BBC text. Last year Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd etc. This year Accrington Stanley (and we are only drawing).
    Remember, "fan" in short for fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Accrington Stanley, who are they?

But it's not a league game so in all fairness you could have been playing them in the cup last year too!

Some big clubs in the championship this year, be interesting to see how it pans out. Leeds got a credible draw vs Burnley on Saturday and were unlucky not to win by all accounts. Lovely goal by Antennucci.

Original Post Deleted
    going to blame it on the wonky GXP search function.

Did anyone stay up last night to watch the game? I find it slightly refreshing that there's a game on on Friday, more days with matches to watch?

Villa 0 - Man Utd 1

Not the greatest of games, players from both sides still either find their feet in EPL or trying to find their form for the season. Rooney was anonymous with no shots on target, and as a Utd fan, I'm not going to rave about Depay, he was frustrating overtime he touched the ball......reminds me very much like Nani.

Switched over to the Spanish Super Cup and watched Barca get thrashed by Bilbao!

Tom007 and huja like this.

Man City 3 - 0 Chelsea with six minutes to play. Wonder who Jose will blame. Maybe the Masseuse or team bus driver.

Last edited by huja; 17-08-2015 at 01:01 AM.
    monic and Tom007 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast