TVB News Presenter - Sports

Closed Thread

TVB News Presenter - Sports

I don't watch TVB's 7:30pm news all that much, but whenever I do, it's always the male presenter who reads the sports.

Has anyone seen the female presenter do this segment?

- or is this some sexist and outdated routine which TVB are adhering to...?

it has to be on or the other

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    it has to be on or the other
    Yes, but seems it's always one, and never the other.

I'm still not watching the news every day, but every one that i've seen since my original post has been the male presenter doing the sport....

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    I don't watch TVB's 7:30pm news all that much, but whenever I do, it's always the male presenter who reads the sports.

Has anyone seen the female presenter do this segment?

- or is this some sexist and outdated routine which TVB are adhering to...?
    Usually the female presenter is too busy making the guy a sandwich or something to read the sports, isn't she? I've also noticed the weather is always read by a woman, maybe she's finished making his tea by then. Like you said, most likely just some outdated routine. Don't they have a website you can contact?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGordon:
    Usually the female presenter is too busy making the guy a sandwich or something to read the sports, isn't she? I've also noticed the weather is always read by a woman, maybe she's finished making his tea by then. Like you said, most likely just some outdated routine. Don't they have a website you can contact?
    A very valid point - though they should lengthen the sports segment so the lady can squeeze in some cleaning too.

Anyways ... good call on the website. Feedback already submitted, and have received the polite reply informing me I may never hear back. We shall see!

Dear Mr Parker

We are in receipt of your email of 24 August 2015.

We have forwarded your email to our News & Information Services Division for information. They wish to thank you for your comments.

Yours sincerely
    Well, in credit to TVB, at least they answer their emails ... which is more than can be said for customer service of many companies these days!