Like Tree8Likes

Group Fitness Apps - KFit ClassCruiser Guava

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Group Fitness Apps - KFit ClassCruiser Guava

Am thinking of changing up my fitness routine. I enjoy doing group classes and have been looking at the various Fitness Class Apps that have launched.

Has anyone used any of them? Which one do you recommend?

Have found 3 so far:

Class Cruiser $899 You have a 3 limit rule and can't visit the same gym more than 3x/month

Guava Pass $699/mth

Kfit $499 month

East_coast likes this.

Have just seen a $100 off promotion from Class Cruiser. Anyone tried any of apps before I take the plunge?

Well I tried KFit this weekend. You get 1 free class a month. Used the handy app to book a class at a gym in the area that I've been meaning to visit. Did a strength class with a friend and overall it was a pleasant experience. Had to sign a waiver before starting the class but didn't share any personal info, and did not get a hard sell.

Am going to try ClassCruiser this week as they have a 10 day free promotion at the moment. Will let you know how it goes.

I have both. Class cruiser has more premier studios like barre2barre and flex but is cheaper with more local offerings (less luxe studios). I do torq spin and barre2barre at cc and Zumba classes at kit. The websites are both wonky but I book 2-3 days in advance to avoid not having a class to go to.

@Amy Mcdowell Which 2 do you have? KFit seems to be the cheaper of the 3, and I like that you don't need to enter your credit card details to try it.

kfit and class cruiser. I have both because each has access to classes the other doesn't. Class cruiser had fewer venues but those they have are nicer (barre2barre, flex and Russ dance for example). Kfit has many more venues but they are smaller outfits and may be located off the island so I'm less likely to go there. But it's cheaper! My goal is to go to at least 7 classes with class cruiser and at least 4 with kfit and it will be worth the month few for each. Any less and you are better to buy classes directly with the studios you like.

rani likes this.

@Amy Mcdowell how are things going? Are you still signed up with both KFit and CC? Just finished a month with KFit and really enjoyed it. There are some great gyms/classes on their list. Have just switched to Guava as they have a lot more fun classes and some of their timings suit me better.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Have just switched to Guava as they have a lot more fun classes and some of their timings suit me better.
    Guava probably have more classes HKside while Kfit is more spread over Hong Kong but probably have more in total.

Still not sure how fast each of these are burning through their start-up cash but it does look as though online gym aggregators are here to stay.

Top picks for the ones I have tried

SUPER MUAY THAI GYM - MONG KOK
    Changing rooms - meh
    Workout - Intense with cardio

FIT LAB - LAI CHI KOK
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - OK / Intense

URSUS FITNESS - SAI YING PUN
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - Intense and use novel props

ROOFTOP FITNESS - MONG KOK
    Changing rooms - Not good
    Workout - Very good and personalised

CIRCUIT 25 - TST & ADMIRALTY (outdoor)
    Changing rooms - None
    Workout - Balance of cardio and strength

ISO FIT - CENTRAL
    Changing rooms - cramped but nice
    Workout - Pleasant

CITY FIT - CENTRAL
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - Technical - use heart rate for HIIT

SITPINYO MUAY - CENTRAL
    Changing rooms - OK
    Workout - Super Intense

LIFE FITNESS - CAUSEWAY BAY
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - Personalised
    rani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Guava probably have more classes HKside while Kfit is more spread over Hong Kong but probably have more in total.

Still not sure how fast each of these are burning through their start-up cash but it does look as though online gym aggregators are here to stay.

Top picks for the ones I have tried

SUPER MUAY THAI GYM - MONG KOK
    Changing rooms - meh
    Workout - Intense with cardio

FIT LAB - LAI CHI KOK
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - OK / Intense

URSUS FITNESS - SAI YING PUN
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - Intense and use novel props

ROOFTOP FITNESS - MONG KOK
    Changing rooms - Not good
    Workout - Very good and personalised

CIRCUIT 25 - TST & ADMIRALTY (outdoor)
    Changing rooms - None
    Workout - Balance of cardio and strength

ISO FIT - CENTRAL
    Changing rooms - cramped but nice
    Workout - Pleasant

CITY FIT - CENTRAL
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - Technical - use heart rate for HIIT

SITPINYO MUAY - CENTRAL
    Changing rooms - OK
    Workout - Super Intense

LIFE FITNESS - CAUSEWAY BAY
    Changing rooms - Great
    Workout - Personalised
    YAY! Thanks for sharing! I have to admit am having a lot of fun with Guava. Have been meeting other Guava users at the classes and we've been exchanging notes. Shame the app doesn't allow you to post reviews like KFIT.

Have done a new class everyday.

URSUS - Bearcamp is the best workout! Have been 2x. First one was tough and enjoyed flipping the tyres. 2nd class got the new guy and that was torture.

Crossfit Cavaliers - Mobfit is an outdoor bootcamp.The Cavaliers have moved from Happy Valley to Ktown and the new box is nice and so are the people. Workout was hard. Freaked when they called out 50 burpees.

Torq - Haven't done a Spin class in years. It was a good workout. Changing rooms were clean and the evening class was busy. Regulars were friendly.

Pavigym at Optimum - Cool gym with LED lights on the floor and wall. Workout was good but not as intense.

Groove Dance Studio - Went back in time and did a step class tonight. Brought back lots of memories. Friendly place, clean.

Strive Fitness: Have been here a few times. High intensity workouts with cardio and weights. William is a great trainer. Changing rooms are clean and decent size.

Amico - Flying Yoga. Small class of 3, and the instructor was very patient with me. Heard the Hot Yoga there is amazing.

Still have to try Bouncelimit (heard its amazing) and SITPINYO.

Forgot to ask. Have you showed up to a class to find out its been cancelled? Have had it happen twice now. First place was very accommodating and let me do another class. Second place didn't seem to care that they'd wasted my time. Think there should be a penalty for gyms cancelling without notifying.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Forgot to ask. Have you showed up to a class to find out its been cancelled? Have had it happen twice now.
    no, cancellations 5-6 hours before but never on arrival
    rani likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast