Like Tree9Likes

Anyone would want to learn skiing?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone would want to learn skiing?

I am looking for opportunities to learn skiing and I think the upcoming Nov is a good start. Any places around here, like Japan or Northern part of China. Anyone has interest to learn or has some info to share? Thanks.

I think the season in Japan doesn't really start before x'mas, or? This said, I was a few times in Hakuba and it's great. You can rent the very best equipment and the cost is relatively acceptable. The Alps certainly ain't cheaper.

I never skied in China. My imagination prevents that. And what I heard, cost is probably higher then Japan.

PS: For Japan try this forum >> http://www.snowjapanforums.com

Last edited by flameproof; 01-10-2015 at 03:43 PM.
    ttcookie likes this.

I know how to ski

going a bit off topic here if u dont mind. but is there any groups where people come together to go on short ski trips together? say to korea, japan or china. i wanna go skiing this winter but my friends arent too fond of skiing..

ttcookie likes this.

There are some local ski forums. And there are some groups that go to places. A few years ago there was HK group in the same hotel I stayed in Hakuba (group leader broke his arm on day 1.)

香港滑雪論壇

HK Snowboarder

香港雙板滑雪愛好者聯盟論壇 hkski.com

Fun 'N snow, FNS ski & snowboard equipment, skiing shop in Hong Kong

Last edited by flameproof; 03-10-2015 at 08:37 AM.
    emx likes this.

u can try slope infinity in Fortress Hill and see if u like skiiing

Quote Originally Posted by salmon05:
    u can try slope infinity in Fortress Hill and see if u like skiiing
    That's like taking the tram from Central to Wanchai to see if you like travelling.

Indoor ski (or summer/glacier ski) is a very different experience from alpine ski.
    Open Casket likes this.

Agree that the surface, feeling, sliding and balancing is a bit different. but y not just give a try and see if he likes it or not.

I understand what you mean. I like to go to the top of the mountain in Happo-One and slide slowly all the way down. I think it takes about 30 Minutes. And it's totally suitable for beginners.

If you never skied before I suggest snow-blades. That are very short skis, below 1m long with strong carver characteristics. They are very easy to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by dayve:
    going a bit off topic here if u dont mind. but is there any groups where people come together to go on short ski trips together? say to korea, japan or china. i wanna go skiing this winter but my friends arent too fond of skiing..
    I'm up for that too, maybe we can get a group together?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast