Like Tree39Likes

2016 Hong Kong Rugby 7s Ballot Open

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eastside_gweilo:
    I have never understood the point of this idiotic event.
    You don't understand sport?

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks
    Trance Omega likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:

I love sport. HK Sevens is not sport. Its an exhibition with no meaning. Just an excuse to get drunk and wear a foolish costume. Any more questions?

I wished HK has a more regular on-going season of sports, rather than just annual events like Rugby Sevens. In North America you get the major sport leagues (i.e. NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL) that run for at least several months a year. In Europe you get the soccer leagues. In HK, you only get one-off annual events. There are at least a few of them, which is good, like Rugby Sevens, FIVB Volleyball World Grand Prix, HK Badminton Open, HK (Golf) Open and HK Tennis Open etc. That's all nice and well, but I don't have the option if I wanted to be a regular season-ticket holder.

The only regular season I can think is the local soccer league. But few pay any attention to that.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 28-11-2015 at 11:16 AM.

I love sport. HK Sevens is not sport. Its an exhibition with no meaning. Just an excuse to get drunk and wear a foolish costume. Any more questions?
    Jonah Lomu would disagree with you. Any more questions?

Hong Kong rugby pays tribute to Sevens legend Jonah Lomu | South China Morning Post

Not an "excuse", it's a "reason"

The quality of 7's rugby is exceptional at the HK tournament. If you feel that it is just a partyfest it is probably how you approach it rather than how the players, coaches and officials approach it.
    AGxM likes this.

Well if you guys believe the Hong Kong Sevens represents some form of high point in the sporting year then good luck to you. Personally I find it annoying and laughable but that is just this man's opinion.

Well if you guys believe the Hong Kong Sevens represents some form of high point in the sporting year then good luck to you. Personally I find it annoying and laughable but that is just this man's opinion.
    No one really care about your opinion in a way. The HK rugby association makes money. The players showcase their talent. Some kids/not so kids party hard. Everyones happy. Of course you get the old fart gweilo/local who think its cool to think otherwise but if u think ur opinuon will influence in a way or another the 120 000 people who gonna come and watch. Think again.

Personally i dont care much. Been there 4 times in 10 years. Good level of 7 rugby (i like 15 a side) and good atmosphere. Did once for an hour south stand to see what it was all about. Rest of the time was normal sitting. Great view of the action.
    shri likes this.

No one really care about your opinion in a way. The HK rugby association makes money. The players showcase their talent. Some kids/not so kids party hard. Everyones happy. Of course you get the old fart gweilo/local who think its cool to think otherwise but if u think ur opinuon will influence in a way or another the 120 000 people who gonna come and watch. Think again.

Personally i dont care much. Been there 4 times in 10 years. Good level of 7 rugby (i like 15 a side) and good atmosphere. Did once for an hour south stand to see what it was all about. Rest of the time was normal sitting. Great view of the action.
    Now, now, people are all entitled to their different views. Some like rugby. Some don't. Live and let live.
    Open Casket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Now, now, people are all entitled to their different views. Some like rugby. Some don't. Live and let live.
    It is not about liking rugby or not. It is about saying that the 7s offer poor qjality rugby. That is simply untrue. It is one of the best 7 aside tournament in the world. Whether you like rugby or not. And yes one side of the stadium goes there 4 partying.. that doesnt mean the players do too nor the rest of the public. As i said as someone who has been there several times you can easily spend the day there without getting to the south stand or getting pissed drunk. Anyway
    AGxM likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast