Like Tree39Likes

2016 Hong Kong Rugby 7s Ballot Open

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    It is not about liking rugby or not. It is about saying that the 7s offer poor qjality rugby. That is simply untrue. It is one of the best 7 aside tournament in the world. Whether you like rugby or not. And yes one side of the stadium goes there 4 partying.. that doesnt mean the players do too nor the rest of the public. As i said as someone who has been there several times you can easily spend the day there without getting to the south stand or getting pissed drunk. Anyway
    It is definitely possible to go there all day to just enjoy the Rugby

Wow what an ignorant comment. Matt I have mostly been posting from my phone so I can't really be bothered to reply to you. If you enjoy 7s Rugby then good luck to you. I imagine you know very little about sport or Rugby Union. I am actually a follower of Rugby League. No one is suggesting that the players or teams are not serious. Some of the players are hoping to crack a 15 a side team, others may be past it (old farts I believe you might call them?) or simply were not really good enough to make it in the proper form of the game. As you may know 7s will be an Olympic sport in 2016 and even Sonny Bill Williams wants to play. But he is playing as he is nearing the end of his career, the opportunity to be an Olympian and the fact that 7s will be much more fun and a lot easier on his body as he nears the end of his career.

What I hate about the 7s is the alcohol and social culture that surrounds it. For me that is not what sport is about. If it gives you a warm feeling in your pants then enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Jonah Lomu would disagree with you. Any more questions?

Hong Kong rugby pays tribute to Sevens legend Jonah Lomu | South China Morning Post
    Quoting the South China Morning Post on Rugby? Lol
    Open Casket likes this.

Is the ballot website working for anyone else today? All I'm getting is the header.

Quote Originally Posted by eastside_gweilo:
    Wow what an ignorant comment. Matt I have mostly been posting from my phone so I can't really be bothered to reply to you. If you enjoy 7s Rugby then good luck to you. I imagine you know very little about sport or Rugby Union. I am actually a follower of Rugby League. No one is suggesting that the players or teams are not serious. Some of the players are hoping to crack a 15 a side team, others may be past it (old farts I believe you might call them?) or simply were not really good enough to make it in the proper form of the game. As you may know 7s will be an Olympic sport in 2016 and even Sonny Bill Williams wants to play. But he is playing as he is nearing the end of his career, the opportunity to be an Olympian and the fact that 7s will be much more fun and a lot easier on his body as he nears the end of his career.

What I hate about the 7s is the alcohol and social culture that surrounds it. For me that is not what sport is about. If it gives you a warm feeling in your pants then enjoy it.
    And what we are all telling you is that you can go to the 7s and enjoy all the rugby you want without getting any alcohol.....you simply dont get to the South Stand...even you should be able to do that.

What don't you understand? Personally, I do not like anything about the 7s. If you do then please go there and enjoy yourself.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by eastside_gweilo:
    What don't you understand? Personally, I do not like anything about the 7s. If you do then please go there and enjoy yourself.
    Yet you're posting on a thread that is solely about the Sevens.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 01-12-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    wtbhotia, Mat and Stu79 like this.

That's what internet forums are for right. Or should I only comment positively. What is your point?

Charging adult prices for children is going to suck really bad.

Mat and Stu79 like this.

We get it.. you don't like 7s Rugby.. Let's move on.

I think it's great fun, even though I don't enjoy rugby, I always have a good time at the 7s.

Mat likes this.