Like Tree39Likes

2016 Hong Kong Rugby 7s Ballot Open

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

2016 Hong Kong Rugby 7s Ballot Open

Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens Public Ticket Sale Public Ballot Opens

[Hong Kong, 27 November 2015]: The Hong Kong Rugby Union (HKRU) today opened the public ballot system for tickets to the Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2016. The registration period for the ballot will run for nine weeks until Sunday, 31 January.

After a positive public response to the public ballot, first implemented in 2013, the initiative will be repeated in 2016, including offering 9,000 individual daily tickets for the three-day event – spreading opportunities for success in the ballot and attendance at the event.

Prices will remain at existing levels of HK$1,800 for a full three-day tournament pass for adults. In the interest of offering the widest possible public access to Sevens tickets, the Hong Kong Rugby Union has announced that no children’s tickets will be sold this year.

There will be a nine-week registration period for entry into the public ballot, from now until 31 January. Once the registration period is complete, a distinct and separate draw will be held for each day of the tournament. Those draws will be held on Friday 5 February 2016.

In keeping with previous years, 92 percent of event tickets are expected to be retailed in Hong Kong following a pre-sales period to local rugby clubs, stakeholders and the public ballot. A further six percent of tickets are retailed through overseas ticketing agents with two percent allocated to the participating teams.

Mr Vern Reid, Chief Executive Officer of the HKRU said, “The Hong Kong Rugby Union is pleased to confirm that the public sale of tickets for the Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2016 will be held via public ballot, which continues to be the most equitable means of distributing tickets and has been well received in the community.”

Ballot details:

Enquiries about the public ballot should be made via email to [email protected].

The ballot will be held on Friday, 5 February 2015, with winners notified electronically on the same day.

Applicants can register for the public ballot via the Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens website at

Hong Kong Sevens - Ballot.

Last edited by shri; 27-11-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Just looking at the ballot... you can't put your name down for a three-day pass. And then there is the "admin fee" per ticket!

tinlissie likes this.

Quite the challenge for those who have visitors coming in for the 3 days.

Or in other words-paying so much for what is essentially a 3 day drunk-fest at HK stadium. Heck, I doubt many of them are sober enough to be aware of what's going on the pitch.

I have never understood the point of this idiotic event.

Skyhook and angeluscomplex like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    I doubt many of them are sober enough to be aware of what's going on the pitch.
    Majority are actually watching the RUGBY, its usually a few of the young ones or majority of the people in South Stand who are there for the partying and getting absolutely FUBAR.

I work the NORTH STAND players entrance to the field and many people on that side are really into the rugby.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eastside_gweilo:
    I have never understood the point of this idiotic event.
    I get free tickets every year, and give them away, every year.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Just looks like a grab for cash from rich expats.

shame they are discouraging kids from attending by charging adult fares. Typical Hong Kong move...

Skyhook and tinlissie like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast