Like Tree5Likes

Fitness First - New Gym in North Point Opening Up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Why's it horrendous if you dont' mind me asking??

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    Olympia Plaza fitness first is my current gym. It's horrendous.

I joined few weeks ago @ $688 per month for 1 year - single club in HK but can use all clubs worldwide

Paid $400 admin fee & 12 months contract, rolling afterwards.... you can terminate contract early if you wish, but need to fork out like 1-2k HKD.

Cant wait, looks like an amazing gym!

Hi 7Jai - Many thanks for the info

7jai likes this.

Meet the new gym
    Same as the old gym
    won't get fooled again

Join a private club

7jai likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7jai:
    Why's it horrendous if you dont' mind me asking??
    That gym is terrible. There are two floors. The first is thickly crammed with fitness machines on a white tiled floor, so it doesn't look like a proper gym, just a bit of space that someone has dumped a load of fitness equipment on.

The weights floor is smaller and very poorly laid out. The one squat rack in the place looks like a refugee from another gym that closed down a decade ago.

The whole place doesn't look like a real gym at all, and looks worse than the only Physical that I've ever checked out.
    7jai and bm626 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    That gym is terrible. There are two floors. The first is thickly crammed with fitness machines on a white tiled floor, so it doesn't look like a proper gym, just a bit of space that someone has dumped a load of fitness equipment on.

The weights floor is smaller and very poorly laid out. The one squat rack in the place looks like a refugee from another gym that closed down a decade ago.

The whole place doesn't look like a real gym at all, and looks worse than the only Physical that I've ever checked out.
    Thanks for the warning! Will definitely avoid that branch lol. I hope the new one isn't gonna be that bad :S You got me nervous now....

But I guess I can just try the new location out for a year (I need to get in better shape for my health anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by 7jai:
    Thanks for the warning! Will definitely avoid that branch lol. I hope the new one isn't gonna be that bad :S You got me nervous now....

But I guess I can just try the new location out for a year (I need to get in better shape for my health anyways).
    You should check out any gym before you join, of course.

The North Point one should be better- I believe it's supposed to be a Platinum branch whereas the Fortress Hill one is very clearly not. And they are having to compete with Pure who just kicked them out of the Quarry Bay location.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:

I have to agree, I joined before it actually opened due to its convenient location. I stuck with it for 6 months and I have to say, its such a shit gym. The location of the free weights, they squeezed a squat rack into a thin area where loading weights on and off the bar is a pain, the first floor is all open space where people are all doing random shit standing around etc and just lacks machines, They don't even have a machine or bar so you can do a tricep dip...sighh

Anyway I forked up $1500 to cancel after 6 months and joined Pure Gym in Quarry Bay. Awesome gym!
    Last edited by banditz; 01-12-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2