Like Tree11Likes

Fitness First price - this is what they are quoting me ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Update on my membership.

For those who signed up and was told they would get a rebate by visiting at least 8x/month for the first two months as well as completing 3 sessions of Bioscore (Basically 3 free personal training sessions). Do not be fooled into thinking you will get your rebate automatically as i did. Apparently once you complete these requirements, You are required to fill in a rebate form and give it back to front desk for your rebate within a certain time. I realized i didn't get my rebate from my bank statements when i decided to inquire about my rebate. By that time i had missed the due date by about two weeks and was told i would no longer be eligible for the rebate. Total scam imo. Not once did the rep who signed me up mentioned about needing to fill the rebate form. All i was told was that i needed to go to the gym at least 8x/month and do the bioscore and i'd get the rebate. Very very sneaky of them. I am unimpressed by this tactic and wish to warn all those who may decide to sign up not to make the same mistake as me.

Quote Originally Posted by tothemoon:

Discarding Pure (because of $ though it sounds like the best), it seems my options are either Physical or FItness First.
    I will be staying in North Point for a few months to start and I'm really looking to have access to a squat rack plus dumbbells up to 100#.
    If you're in North Point AND you have access to a standard Pure corporate discount rate (a lot of big companies get it) - the quarry bay pure corporate rate (12month contract) is 798/month, and it'll be better than the equivalent FF in North Point from memory.

Original Post Deleted
    Just got $718 per month for all gyms (exc Exch Sq/Sheraton) for 12 months with corporate discount

Single gym was in high 600s if I recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:
    If you're in North Point AND you have access to a standard Pure corporate discount rate (a lot of big companies get it) - the quarry bay pure corporate rate (12month contract) is 798/month, and it'll be better than the equivalent FF in North Point from memory.
    I see thank you; I'm in NP now and feeling lazy as I haven't hit the gym for a few weeks... no corporate gig yet so I miss out on a corporate deal.

Perhaps I will do 1-2months at FF to start since it's so close.

Original Post Deleted
    Budget is a consideration but I will pay a reasonable amount to have access to quality equipment and squash courts. Do you have anything suggestions for me to look further into?

Original Post Deleted
    Hey, which one did you sign-up for? My hours are flexible for now so just looking for quality equipment, don't care for classes

Thinking of joining FF in Sheung Wan.
    Can anyone comment on the classes? Like yoga and pilates particularly.

Thanks

Update on my visit earlier today at FF in North Point. Note that I am being referred by a current member but honestly I didn't feel like I was getting any sort of deal.

In both options below, I was offered:
    - waiver of $1,000 joining fee, if I have no record of visiting within 6 months. Note that a 'visit' counts as me signing in for the walking tour of the gym, which is just a load of BS..;
    - access to 7 locations, because I'm being referred..

Fitness First:
    1 yearcontract - HKD748 per month, monthly installments, $500 admin fee

3 month contract - HKD880 per month, monthly installments, $500 admin fee.

While the facilities looked clean and equipment well maintained, I was not impressed with the availability (only two squat racks, maybe 1/2 benches) and the pricing isn't great. Perhaps I will have to suck it up and just pay for the short term, but I'm not going to like it...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4