Like Tree14Likes

Recommendation for gym + PT in Central

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

If your goal is weight loss it can be accomplished only by a caloric deficit. Two ways to have a caloric deficit:
    1. Eat less
    2. Exercise more

Best to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Perhaps you could try the gym aggregators for a month each and see if you find one you like

KFit
    ClassCruiser
    GuavaPass

They all have a few gyms that will offer personal training. Just sign up and see what you like. For some the mix of cardio and strength from Thai boxing training is great, others need a bootcamp, others need a gym.

I quite like Circuit 25. Early morning but a nice mix of Cardio and strength

Circuit25 | Personal Trainers | Bootcamp | Group Personal Training | Circuit25 | Online Personal Training
    Thank you~

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    If your goal is weight loss it can be accomplished only by a caloric deficit. Two ways to have a caloric deficit:
    1. Eat less
    2. Exercise more

Best to do both.
    I don't eat much, but I'm not gonna lie I have a healthy diet.
    Working on my diet now, eating more natural food instead of processed food..
    Char Siu King likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookingmeow:
    I guess I should briefly tell my condition..

Am overweight, some people may even think I'm obesity.
    I consider myself is kinda healthy, don't get sick easily, don't have high blood pressure and diabetes yet.
    Would love to have a complete change of my lifestyle.
    I definitely need someone to push and encourage me.. Because I'm a quitter.

For how many sessions per week/month, to be honest, I have no idea.
    I would just follow his/her instructions to achieve my goal.
    Get yourself a weareable with heart rate monitor and just set yourself some goals such as of so many hours of cardio per week, average steps per day.

Paying someone to encourage you is great but if you have goals and a way of measuring them that makes sense to you it can also be a big incentive. If you want to change your lifestyle you should probably measure it.

JADEISABELLE.COM - Fitbit Flex changed my life. If you want to lose weight, READ THIS.

I guess about once per week or twice per month..
    Or depends on how many times does the PT suggest
    What will that accomplish? Seems like throwing money away. You should train 3-4 times a week, or at least twice, in order to reach your goals whatever they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Get yourself a weareable with heart rate monitor and just set yourself some goals such as of so many hours of cardio per week, average steps per day.

Paying someone to encourage you is great but if you have goals and a way of measuring them that makes sense to you it can also be a big incentive. If you want to change your lifestyle you should probably measure it.

JADEISABELLE.COM - Fitbit Flex changed my life. If you want to lose weight, READ THIS.
    I got a fitbit before, but it was broken.
    Thinking whether fitbit (or other brands) or apple watch instead.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    What will that accomplish? Seems like throwing money away. You should train 3-4 times a week, or at least twice, in order to reach your goals whatever they may be.
    3-4 times per week would be great, 5-6 would be the best as I mentioned my budget is kinda flexible and expected to spend more in the beginning, at leasts 6 months.
    I actually don't really know how should the PT works..
    Some told me PT do the training once per week, then I follow his instruction and do the gym by myself.
    Last edited by cookingmeow; 16-04-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Find a training partner so you can motivate each other.

Some told me PT do the training once per week, then I follow his instruction and do the gym by myself.
    Good advice.

You would not need a PT for cardio either.

Good luck & don't let anyone sell you services you don't need. A lot of aggressive selling in the fitness industry here.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Good advice.

You would not need a PT for cardio either.

Good luck & don't let anyone sell you services you don't need. A lot of aggressive selling in the fitness industry here.
    I plan to do cardio and weight training 50/50..
    Weight training to build and strengthen muscles.. and help when doing cardio...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast