Like Tree14Likes

Recommendation for gym + PT in Central

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cookingmeow:
    Some told me PT do the training once per week, then I follow his instruction and do the gym by myself.
    Good advice.

You would not need a PT for cardio either.

Good luck & don't let anyone sell you services you don't need. A lot of aggressive selling in the fitness industry here.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Good advice.

You would not need a PT for cardio either.

Good luck & don't let anyone sell you services you don't need. A lot of aggressive selling in the fitness industry here.
    I plan to do cardio and weight training 50/50..
    Weight training to build and strengthen muscles.. and help when doing cardio...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Find a training partner so you can motivate each other.
    I couldn't find one....

I guess I should briefly tell my condition..

Am overweight, some people may even think I'm obesity.
    I consider myself is kinda healthy, don't get sick easily, don't have high blood pressure and diabetes yet.
    Would love to have a complete change of my lifestyle.
    I definitely need someone to push and encourage me.. Because I'm a quitter.

For how many sessions per week/month, to be honest, I have no idea.
    I would just follow his/her instructions to achieve my goal.
    The encouragement of others is what I like best about the job . It's easy to do if you are seeing results .
    I would think probably two sessions a week would be best for you to start . If you enjoy walking in your own time this can also be really good for the weight loss and cardio especially will the hilly nature of Hong kongs streets and paths.

However I always find that if you need motivating if like to try and find something that you find enjoyable for excersise and work around that . There's no point flogging someone with burpees , press ups and starjumps if you are not enjoying that you would just dread coming to a session .

You mentioned the Thai -boxing /boxing training . That can be enjoyable and I'm competent in teaching both . It's just a matter of like I say , finding a way you like to excersise , seeing results and some small diet adjustments .

When the changes start to happen I guarantee you will be motivated

I couldn't find one....
    Get a physically active BF or GF or both

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Get a physically active BF or GF or both
    well, that's part of the reason for me to start... lol

OP where are you located? There is a playground in Tin Hau where groups of locals do stretching, body weight training and running together. Around 25 people and 1 or 2 instructors. There must be similar groups in other parks.

Last edited by Drunken Master; 16-04-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Essejoker_taipa:
    The encouragement of others is what I like best about the job . It's easy to do if you are seeing results .
    I would think probably two sessions a week would be best for you to start . If you enjoy walking in your own time this can also be really good for the weight loss and cardio especially will the hilly nature of Hong kongs streets and paths.

However I always find that if you need motivating if like to try and find something that you find enjoyable for excersise and work around that . There's no point flogging someone with burpees , press ups and starjumps if you are not enjoying that you would just dread coming to a session .

You mentioned the Thai -boxing /boxing training . That can be enjoyable and I'm competent in teaching both . It's just a matter of like I say , finding a way you like to excersise , seeing results and some small diet adjustments .

When the changes start to happen I guarantee you will be motivated
    actually I walk quite a lot (relatively) and I love walking...
    average about 8000 steps per day for working day..

The reason why I quitted before was because my muscles were not strong enough and didn't have enough strength...
    Like sit-up, I really tried to do it, but my back muscles lacked of strength and my fat belly stood in my way...
    I wanted to do it, but physically I couldn't..

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    OP where are you located? There is a playground in Tin Hau where groups of locals do stretching, body weight training and running together. Around 25 people and 1 or 2 instructors. There must be similar groups in other parks.
    I work in Central and live in New Territories......

actually I walk quite a lot (relatively) and I love walking...
    average about 8000 steps per day for working day..

The reason why I quitted before was because my muscles were not strong enough and didn't have enough strength...
    Like sit-up, I really tried to do it, but my back muscles lacked of strength and my fat belly stood in my way...
    I wanted to do it, but physically I couldn't..
    Your core strength Ie your abs and general torso is an easy section of your body to strengthen , but you have to ease yourself into it . If you want a tip on how to gently start getting these to work get yourself a broom handle and do some twisting excersise .
    "Target the muscles in your midsection with broom twists. Position the broom handle horizontally behind your head on the back of your shoulders and grasp each side of the broom stick with your elbows bent. Rotate your entire torso to the right as far as possible and then twist back to the left. Continue twisting from side to side"

Also if you want to work from home I find a cheap medicine ball can be your friend if you struggle to do sit ups. As you can use the weight of the ball to help gain momentum .

However I wouldn't reccomend more than 50 broom twist every other day to start with ..

Ease yourself in ,

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast