Like Tree14Likes

Recommendation for gym + PT in Central

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Uh, maybe I am reading the images wrong, but are you consuming just over 800 calories a day?

I have to be missing something, I'm not sure that someone could sustain that without ending up in hospital. I've met people with bizarrely efficient metabolisms who were consuming about 1400 a day (with exercise) but they had about as much excess body mass as your typical marathon junkie.

Last edited by jgl; 19-04-2016 at 05:57 PM.

If you are existing on that diet for more than a few weeks and not losing weight I would see a Doctor first and foremost.

I am unfamiliar with what those app numbers mean (and those screenshots are really annoying to look at on my screen), but adding up the calorie numbers gives something really low. If you're very overweight and at 1000 calories a day, something seems really off. The doctor recommendation seems a good one.

You are reading it right, he/she is consuming less than 1000 kcals a day (mostly from carbs) and exercising on top of that. My two year old probably consumes more than that, and my four year old definitely does.

Agree with JGL and TB, go see a doctor.
    When you truly consume so little calories each day and you are hopelessly overweight then you may have a medical problem.
    No snacks you forgot to mention? Crisps chocolates or pastry?

No, I think he needs a decent app. For example - one of those up there, 100g of chicken breast was showing up at 40-odd calories when it should have been 165. Similarly his 185g of Quinoa is about 30% low. So those numbers strike me as meaningless.

Last edited by HK_Katherine; 19-04-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    No, I think he needs a decent app. For example - one of those up there, 100g of chicken breast was showing up at 40-odd calories when it should have been 165. Similarly his 185g of Quinoa is about 30% low. So those numbers strike me as meaningless.
    Agree, I use this app to log my diet only..
    I don't really think I eat that less and quite full actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Agree with JGL and TB, go see a doctor.
    When you truly consume so little calories each day and you are hopelessly overweight then you may have a medical problem.
    No snacks you forgot to mention? Crisps chocolates or pastry?
    Not everyone loves snack........

I'm training Thai boxing at Sitpinyo Gym on Stanley Street in Central, which is really convenient for where I work.
    their group classes are super intense and they also offer circuit training classes too. DEFINATELY a great way to lose weight and sweat!
    i also do Personal Training there and they are way cheaper than all the other gyms I checked out.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast