Like Tree14Likes

Recommendation for gym + PT in Central

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

If you eat less than 1200 kcal per day metabolism slows down and your body starts to preserve fat. It thinks your are starving and simply refuses to loose weight. And at such a low caloric intake muscle loss is inevitable.

Better is to eat around 1800 kcal for weight loss. Add some moderate exercise and you have a caloric deficit of around 500kcal which will result in a weight loss of one pound per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    If you eat less than 1200 kcal per day metabolism slows down and your body starts to preserve fat. It thinks your are starving and simply refuses to loose weight. And at such a low caloric intake muscle loss is inevitable.

Better is to eat around 1800 kcal for weight loss. Add some moderate exercise and you have a caloric deficit of around 500kcal which will result in a weight loss of one pound per week.
    Katherine has already pointed out that whatever app the OP is using to count calories is broken.

I train at EpicMMA and can highly recommend it there. It seems to tick all the boxes you are looking for..

It is pretty much on the nose from a budget perspective (I pay 2k per month)
    Located at the top of Pedder St, opposite the bottom of Wyndham st in Central
    They have plenty of cardio equipment + a comprehensive weight room which few people use
    Included in the subscription you have access to as many classes as you want including Thai Boxing, Cross Fit, Ju Jitsu, Strength & Movement + Yoga
    They are about to open a facility (Performance Center) dedicated to PT sessions just next door to the main gym for anyone that opts for PT

I have observed their PTs to be of high quality. They appear to be invested in their clients progress and work them hard, taking notes of performance during each session - a small but significant characteristic of a decent PT.

Right now they are having a sale on PT sessions to mark the opening of their new Performance Center with sessions costing between $600-$650 depending on how many you sign up for.

Personally I signed up purely to use the weights as I can't bear the hanging around I have experienced previously in gyms like Pure or FF. I need to burn some of the belly fat so I'll be joining the Muay Thai cardio classes soon to trim down. The classes all seem to be friendly and there is a good community vibe about the place which makes going less of a chore.

My only real criticism would be the locker room which is pretty small and can get crowded if a bunch of classes are all starting/ending at the same time.

Last edited by webbdavid; 27-04-2016 at 02:58 PM.

OP where are you located? There is a playground in Tin Hau where groups of locals do stretching, body weight training and running together. Around 25 people and 1 or 2 instructors. There must be similar groups in other parks.
    I'm looking for groups around Tin Hau area for training, would you know which park is this? and how to contact this group?

Quote Originally Posted by cremosa:
    I'm looking for groups around Tin Hau area for training, would you know which park is this? and how to contact this group?
    They train at night at the playground next to Central Library. There seems to be around three groups. When you see them you can just approach one of them.

They train at night at the playground next to Central Library. There seems to be around three groups. When you see them you can just approach one of them.
    oh that park, I go there for running, which check them out in the evenings. Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7