Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By huja
  • 1 Post By 100LL

Shame on you, A.C. Milan

Closed Thread

Shame on you, A.C. Milan

You don't fuck around with the Haka . . . . you just don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3i0q2n4rZ8

AC Milan performs haka in Serie A, lambasted on social media - Sport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Last edited by shri; 23-04-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Bizarre

Why are the stands are all empty -- is this some practice game ?
    It seems awfully odd to have a Serie A match to be that empty.

What do they say about grown up white men? Cant dance...

Bizzare .. but like the article says, something done for their sponsor? Does look like they're trying to clean their armpits.

With their opponents obligingly lining up in front, AC Milan orchestrated what amounted to an advertisement for a global skincare product, a sponsor of the Italian club.
    Last edited by shri; 23-04-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Shame on you, A.C. Milan

What a lame attempt.

NIVEA I assume if you look at the banners.

They say there is no such thing as bad PR, but in this case I wonder what this does to the advertiser and the teams reputation.

The whole performance was done by a host of actors dressed up to look like AC Milan players, with advertising hoardings around the stadium displaying the words 'Men, this is your ritual'.
    Last edited by 100LL; 23-04-2016 at 10:46 AM.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    What a lame attempt.

NIVEA I assume if you look at the banners.

They say there is no such thing as bad PR, but in this case I wonder what this does to the advertiser and the teams reputation.
    NIVEA for men who will do anything for money.
    Seen your grandad dancing at a wedding, he uses NIVEA

HK Rugby 7s 2014

I think if people want to take a Maori custom and turn it into a bit of a joke it's no big deal. They're just people. Some good, some bad. Nothing sacred about them or their culture. They mostly don't crap diamonds and walk around solving problems like nuclear fusion. Just like you and me really... Except built like refrigerators and best to avoid fisticuffs with them. If it's OK for advertising and most sitcoms to take the piss out of white males, I guess everyone else is fair game too. Perhaps they could dig up (haha geddit?) some more humorous advertising and publicity ideas from the material below.

Cannibalism in New Zealand

Having said that, I would expect more of my advertising agency in so far as being tuned into the stupid Political Correctness Zeitgeist. It's one thing for me to believe in being rational and sane and dealing in historical facts... it's another thing entirely to expect it of the general public and the professional complainers and virtue signallers.

Last edited by Kinch; 23-04-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinch:
    I think if people want to take a Maori custom and turn it into a bit of a joke it's no big deal. They're just people. Some good, some bad. Nothing sacred about them or their culture. They mostly don't crap diamonds and walk around solving problems like nuclear fusion. Just like you and me really... Except built like refrigerators and best to avoid fisticuffs with them. If it's OK for advertising and most sitcoms to take the piss out of white males, I guess everyone else is fair game too. Perhaps they could dig up (haha geddit?) some more humorous advertising and publicity ideas from the material below.

Cannibalism in New Zealand

Having said that, I would expect more of my advertising agency in so far as being tuned into the stupid Political Correctness Zeitgeist. It's one thing for me to believe in being rational and sane and dealing in historical facts... it's another thing entirely to expect it of the general public and the professional complainers and virtue signallers.
    You missed the point, if you are going to do it then at least make it half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You missed the point, if you are going to do it then at least make it half decent.
    I'm not much of a connoisseur of tribal dance, so perhaps there are some subtleties I'm missing. I will allow,that when done properly by Maori dancers then being 10 paces in front of a Haka would be a mighty effective cure for any constipation issues. They're genuinely terrifying when they get down to it. Which Italians are not.