Like Tree18Likes

NHL playoffs 2016

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

SJ/STL game five is under way. I had to take the dog out for a short walk and came back to a 1-1 score ten minutes 8 minutes in.

Blues survive a long onslaught of Sharks offensive pressure however it's Troy Brouwer who swats a rebound out of the air to give the Blues a 2-1 lead with 4+ remaining in the first period.

Very entertaining first period ends with a bit of a scrum at the horn. A bit hit on a Sharks player in the final minute caused the ill feelings. Score is STL 2-1 SJ. Lots of momentum changes. Sharks took the lead early and Blues scored two unanswered to jump out ahead.

Teams trade PP goals in the second period. STL 3-2 SJ. Four minutes remaining. Very spirited play . . . . fast, physical, nasty.

Blues penalty with less than three minutes remaining in period and Sharks score as the Blues are marshmallow-soft on the kill. Too easy for San Jose. Game tied 3-3 heading into second intermission. After their game four futility on the PP, SJ now 2 for 2 tonight.

Third period starts. Blues ice puck. Sharks score 16 seconds into the period. STL 3-4 SJ. Brutal, brutal turn of events for the Blues who seem to be following the Penguins playbook on how to piss away a game five after leading twice.

Blues completely out of sorts and give up two an empty net goals with under a minute to play. STL 3-6 SJ. Inexplicable loss of form in the last 25 minutes of this game. San Jose can close out the series at home on Wednesday. This game is as shocking as the Eastern Conference game five. Road teams have won more games than the home team in the conference finals.

Out with a new running group to log some miles this evening so missed game six of the Eastern Conference finals. Penguins stave off elimination on the road with a 5-2 win. Game seven back in Pittsburgh. Wow.

Blues try to follow the same script tomorrow in San Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Out with a new running group to log some miles this evening so missed game six of the Eastern Conference finals. Penguins stave off elimination on the road with a 5-2 win. Game seven back in Pittsburgh. Wow.

Blues try to follow the same script tomorrow in San Jose.
    Gotta watch the 7th game

If I had 30 seconds in the Blues locker room before game six, I'd play this . . . then security would probably wrestle me down to the ground and drag me to an awaiting police cruiser.

https://youtu.be/BQ4yd2W50No

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast