Like Tree64Likes

California fitness applied for bankruptcy?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    PS using mobile site to post this. Its utterly dysfunctional. Can't see half the screen for an advert....
    We are processing your refund shortly. Please send us a copy of your contract and note that processing time will take 12-24 months.

Thank you for using our services mam

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!:
    This is why you should use your credit card rather than autopay, then you have some form of purchase protection.
    Other way around. Autopay offers a lot more protection to the consumer than granting continuous charge authority on your credit card.
    JAherbert likes this.

So I've sent cf an email terminating and kept a screenshot. Good enough for today!

PS using mobile site to post this. Its utterly dysfunctional. Can't see half the screen for an advert....
    Are you on a blackberry or something? Mobile site works fine for me, and has done for years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Are you on a blackberry or something? Mobile site works fine for me, and has done for years.
    Chrome on android

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I don't see why that is gloriously useless. In many cases, when your card number changes they won't be able to take payments anymore. That's certainly how it was for me when I changed card number and my Smartone bill stopped autopaying
    Sure. It will solve the problem. And kill all my other payments too! That's like saying you can solved the problem of dying from old age by shooting yourself ....

Sure. It will solve the problem. And kill all my other payments too! That's like saying you can solved the problem of dying from old age by shooting yourself ....
    Well you've got a choice between losing time or money. Your analogy is ridiculously extreme

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Well you've got a choice between losing time or money. Your analogy is ridiculously extreme
    No that's the stupid part of all this. HSBC assured me that if the payment was taken then if I filled in their form objecting to that, I would get it back (from HSBC). So actually the risk of losing money is relatively small. Its HSBC who is going to lose. I can't figure out why they are not more interested in PREVENTING the problem rather than assuring me they will solve it after it happens!

No that's the stupid part of all this. HSBC assured me that if the payment was taken then if I filled in their form objecting to that, I would get it back (from HSBC). So actually the risk of losing money is relatively small. Its HSBC who is going to lose. I can't figure out why they are not more interested in PREVENTING the problem rather than assuring me they will solve it after it happens!
    Personally if it was me I would cancel my card and reprocess my existing monthly payments. That way you have 100% certainty no money is getting taken from your card by California Fitness.

I once had a significant sum of money fraudulently taken from my HSBC bank account due to a card copying device in a Thailand ATM. Yes I did get the money back from HSBC eventually, but I had to go to the police station multiple times to file an official police report, fill in a number of forms, etc. And it took months to process.

I'm not saying your situation is the same but simply that HSBC will not necessarily make things easy for you. The hassle that results from cancelling a card is probably less than your other options.
    shri and Drunken Master like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Other way around. Autopay offers a lot more protection to the consumer than granting continuous charge authority on your credit card.
    Sorry, I was talking about the ability to recover your money.

Physical offers a free six months membership if you can show a valid california or myoga membership.

shri likes this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast